Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Browser color problem

Browser color problem

teak

I am using Xandros Linux and have a new Mozilla Browser. I have a
problem, the white on this borwser are grey. Where can I go to correct
this problem.

*What I mean is, on the internet, in an area like this which would be
white, is viewed as grey.

Thanks
Tino

Arne

*teak* skrev 2004-09-30 21:17:

> I am using Xandros Linux and have a new Mozilla Browser. I have a
> problem, the white on this borwser are grey. Where can I go to correct
> this problem.
>
> *What I mean is, on the internet, in an area like this which would be
> white, is viewed as grey.
>
> Thanks
> Tino

Edit > Preferences > Appearance > Color

--
/Arne

teak

Arne <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<Cs_6d.4603$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> *teak* skrev 2004-09-30 21:17:
>
> > I am using Xandros Linux and have a new Mozilla Browser. I have a
> > problem, the white on this borwser are grey. Where can I go to correct
> > this problem.
> >
> > *What I mean is, on the internet, in an area like this which would be
> > white, is viewed as grey.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Tino

> Edit > Preferences > Appearance > Color

Arne I have tried that, and the it download light blue and he sceme
goes complete in a different style. I have never had so many problems
with an opporating system. I really have to re think Linux.

Keith Bowes

teak wrote:
> I am using Xandros Linux and have a new Mozilla Browser. I have a
> problem, the white on this borwser are grey. Where can I go to correct
> this problem.
>
> *What I mean is, on the internet, in an area like this which would be
> white, is viewed as grey.
>
> Thanks
> Tino

Maybe your desktop is set up to to render widgets with a gray
background. Go into the configuration of your desktop environment and
check the background; if you don't use a desktop, edit ~/.gtkrc.

Keith Bowes

teak wrote:
> Arne <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<Cs_6d.4603$(E-Mail Removed)>...
>
>>*teak* skrev 2004-09-30 21:17:
>>

>>>I am using Xandros Linux and have a new Mozilla Browser. I have a
>>>problem, the white on this borwser are grey. Where can I go to correct
>>>this problem.
>>>
>>>*What I mean is, on the internet, in an area like this which would be
>>>white, is viewed as grey.
>>>
>>>Thanks
>>>Tino

>>Edit > Preferences > Appearance > Color

> Arne I have tried that, and the it download light blue and he sceme
> goes complete in a different style. I have never had so many problems
> with an opporating system. I really have to re think Linux.

Linux works great for me. I would blame it on Xandros for mixing
incompatible systems into one mess that is the worst of both worlds. I
had the same kind of troubles with Lindows, but when I moved to
Mandrake, everything has worked great.