Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Localhost not using security

Localhost not using security

tshad

I have my pages set up with forms Authentication on my XP.

If I use localhost vs 10.0.0.25, it doesn't go to the logon page.

For example:

http://localhost/development/staffin...Positions.aspx

does not go to the logon page.

http://10.0.0.25/development/staffin...Positions.aspx

does.

Why is that?

Thanks,

Tom

William F. Robertson, Jr.

You might already have a authentication cookie on your machine for your
localhost.

Go into your cookies and delete the localhost cookie. Then try it again.

bill

"tshad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23WiDldL$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have my pages set up with forms Authentication on my XP.
>
> If I use localhost vs 10.0.0.25, it doesn't go to the logon page.
>
> For example:
>
> http://localhost/development/staffin...Positions.aspx
>
> does not go to the logon page.
>
> http://10.0.0.25/development/staffin...Positions.aspx
>
> does.
>
> Why is that?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom

tshad

"William F. Robertson, Jr." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OqfvAqL$(E-Mail Removed)...
> You might already have a authentication cookie on your machine for your
> localhost.
>
> Go into your cookies and delete the localhost cookie. Then try it again.

That was it. That cookie was probably set when I was setting it up and had
persistant cookies being generated by accident.

Thanks,

Tom.