Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > tineye and diguising pictures

tineye and diguising pictures

Tim W

If I wanted to use an image on a site and I wasn't certain of its
provenance I might want to just avoid pointless kerfuffle by disguising
it a bit so that it couldn't be found by automated spider type searches.
Tineye will find images which have been resized and cropped or edited up
to a point. Is there a way of making them difficult to find?

Tim W

Gene Wirchenko

On Wed, 23 May 2012 20:10:29 +0100, Tim W <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>If I wanted to use an image on a site and I wasn't certain of its
>provenance I might want to just avoid pointless kerfuffle by disguising
>it a bit so that it couldn't be found by automated spider type searches.
>Tineye will find images which have been resized and cropped or edited up
>to a point. Is there a way of making them difficult to find?

Do not put someone's images on your Website? That will make them
hard to find. It also makes it less likely for you to be sued or for
your Website to be shut down.

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko