Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > GPS camera - Cannon SX230?

GPS camera - Cannon SX230?

Anthony

I'm in the market for a new camera, and I think that I would like one
with a GPS built in.

I have heard good things about the Cannon SX230, and would be interested
to communicate with owners of this camera, to see what they like and
dislike. This model gets good reviews, but I like to know more candid
information because I know that online reviews can be faked.

Also, I am interested to know what anybody else thinks about this model,
and about GPS cameras at all.

My requirements are very simple, I do not need complex and many options,
but I do like a few little options and some video, but also I really
like Geotagging. I like also how the camera is physically small.

Thank you

MG

"Anthony" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:jov5m2$t1q$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm in the market for a new camera, and I think that I would like one with
> a GPS built in.
>
> I have heard good things about the Cannon SX230, and would be interested
> to communicate with owners of this camera, to see what they like and
> dislike.

I don't know this camera at all. Note that there is a new model out, so if
you do go for the 230 make sure you get a good price.

http://www.dpreview.com/products/com...=canon_sx260hs

--
MG

norm

On Tue, 15 May 2012 20:07:42 -0700, Anthony <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I'm in the market for a new camera, and I think that I would like one
>with a GPS built in.
>
>I have heard good things about the Cannon SX230, and would be interested
>to communicate with owners of this camera, to see what they like and
>dislike. This model gets good reviews, but I like to know more candid
>information because I know that online reviews can be faked.
>
>Also, I am interested to know what anybody else thinks about this model,
>and about GPS cameras at all.
>
>My requirements are very simple, I do not need complex and many options,
>but I do like a few little options and some video, but also I really
>like Geotagging. I like also how the camera is physically small.
>
>Thank you

got this 4 xmas present.
not used GPS much but no problems there.
What really annoys me is the poor battery life, you really need at
least one spare: at least Amazon finds cheap ones.
(OT but why dont cameras have auto macro?)

Wolfgang Weisselberg

norm <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> (OT but why dont cameras have auto macro?)

Because CDAF would then not only take years, butr geological ages.

-Wolfgang