Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Slow Query Execution between two Servers

Slow Query Execution between two Servers

George

Hi,
I am using Application in one Server and MySql DB in another
server(Both are Linux). I am using the InitialContext and Datasource
for connection using java.Here my problem is Slow in Query execution
while calling from the application server. While I deploying the
application and the MySql in the same server it is fast. Here I am
using the LAN IP between two servers. How can I resolve this?

Cheers!

George

Robert Klemme

On 11.05.2012 06:51, George wrote:
> I am using Application in one Server and MySql DB in another
> server(Both are Linux). I am using the InitialContext and Datasource
> for connection using java.Here my problem is Slow in Query execution
> while calling from the application server. While I deploying the
> application and the MySql in the same server it is fast. Here I am
> using the LAN IP between two servers. How can I resolve this?

If you suspect it's the network then you could do a network trace and
look at the timing. Or use other network analysis tools.

You might also want to have a look at network buffer size settings.
IIRC defaults in Linux are fairly low and if you transfer large query
results buffer sizes can have an impact.

Kind regards

robert

http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/

Roedy Green

On Tue, 15 May 2012 08:16:53 +0200, Robert Klemme
someone who said :

>If you suspect it's the network then you could do a network trace and
>look at the timing.

You might try a free program called TCPOptimizer to suggest the best
settings to tweak your TCP/IP. http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

Robert Klemme

On 05/16/2012 01:05 PM, Roedy Green wrote:
> On Tue, 15 May 2012 08:16:53 +0200, Robert Klemme
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
> someone who said :
>
>> If you suspect it's the network then you could do a network trace and
>> look at the timing.

> You might try a free program called TCPOptimizer to suggest the best
> settings to tweak your TCP/IP. http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php

Roedy, how should that help OP? He said

> I am using Application in one Server and MySql DB in another
> server(Both are Linux).

Better look in the wireshark, pcap, tcpdump area.

Kind regards

robert