Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Anyone here concerned about DNSChanger?

Anyone here concerned about DNSChanger?

Donchano

OK. There are a lot of hoaxes out there, but this is not one of them.
Better safe than sorry.

http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2011...malware_110911

DNSóDomain Name Systemóis an Internet service that converts
user-friendly domain names, such as www.fbi.gov <http://www.fbi.gov>,
into numerical addresses that allow computers to talk to each other.
Without DNS and the DNS servers operated by Internet service
providers, computer users would not be able to browse web sites, send
e-mail, or connect to any Internet services.

Criminals have infected millions of computers around the world with
malware called DNSChanger which allows them to control DNS servers. As
a result, the cyber thieves have forced unsuspecting users to
fraudulent websites, interfered with their web browsing, and made
their computers vulnerable to other kinds of malicious software.

* * * * * * *

Checking to see if your computer system is infected is easy. You can
visit this webpage recommended by the FBI and click on the "Detect"
button to check your system. My system wasn't infected. But then I use
some good Antivirus and Anti-malware software.

http://www.dcwg.org/

Ralph Fox

On Sun, 13 May 2012 18:56:01 +1200, in message <(E-Mail Removed)>
Donchano wrote:

> OK. There are a lot of hoaxes out there, but this is not one of them.
> Better safe than sorry.
>
> http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2011...malware_110911

---snip---

> Checking to see if your computer system is infected is easy. You can
> visit this webpage recommended by the FBI and click on the "Detect"
> button to check your system. My system wasn't infected. But then I use
> some good Antivirus and Anti-malware software.
>
> http://www.dcwg.org/

Checked my computer last month. All OK.

--
Kind regards
Ralph

Bruce Sinclair

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Donchano <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>OK. There are a lot of hoaxes out there, but this is not one of them.
>Better safe than sorry.

Let's go back to putting in the numbers instead of words n the url. That
ought to fix the problem.

(snip)

Gordon

On 2012-05-13, Bruce Sinclair <(E-Mail Removed) > wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Donchano <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>OK. There are a lot of hoaxes out there, but this is not one of them.
>>Better safe than sorry.

> Let's go back to putting in the numbers instead of words n the url. That
> ought to fix the problem.
>
> (snip)

IPV6 also has letters Out of letters words arrive.