Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Good Fowler article on ORM

Good Fowler article on ORM

Arved Sandstrom

On 12-05-10 09:03 PM, Arne Vajh°j wrote:
> On 5/10/2012 6:50 PM, Arved Sandstrom wrote:
>> http://martinfowler.com/bliki/OrmHate.html
>>
>> Given some of the threads we've had...

> What he says is certainly good, but I am not sure
> that it is all new.

No, it's not new. Fowler's a respected commentator, though, and it's
good to get his fresh take on a topic. I don't always agree with him but
I think he's way more often right than he's wrong, and I've rarely read
anything by him that I'd dismiss out of hand.

> Using an ORM does make all problem disappear. But that
> is just a special case of: using tool X does not make
> all problem disappear. But making some problems
> disappear is still good.
>
> Arne

AHS

--
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
--Napoleon

Lew

jb wrote:
> Or for short:
> [expletives deleted].

That was uncalled-for. I assure you the information and ideas I presented are
both well grounded and intended to serve you. Why such a psychotic reaction to
a technical discussion?

It's a rhetorical question. I'm done with you. Buh-bye.

--
Lew
Honi soit qui mal y pense.

Arne Vajh°j

On 5/13/2012 5:11 AM, jb wrote:
> You are playing a very cheap game here. Turning a qualitative
> discussion into
> a quantitative discussion. And putting words into other peoples mouth.

You wrote:

#But I did not yet use it. Was just benchmarking my App and
#saw that it runs much slower on Android. But that has also
#to do with that I was using a tablet with something of 1GHz
#ARM and was comparing against a 3.4GHz 64-bit Intel.

Claiming that that qualitative a Java app is slower on X
than on Y can when X is in general slower than Y can be
abbreviated to "". It provides no real information.

Arne

rBATIS - alternative ORM for Ruby / Rails (via Martin Fowler) vasudevram Ruby 0 08-10-2006 04:00 PM
ORM Chris Kennedy MCSD 0 09-06-2005 03:09 AM
[Slightly OT] Martin Fowler demystifying closures Gavri Savio Fernandez Ruby 3 09-10-2004 07:20 PM
ORM resources necessary for 70-300 TomTom MCSD 7 08-17-2004 07:08 AM
Martin Fowler and Ruby Weirich, James Ruby 6 09-29-2003 06:49 PM

Advertisments