Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > Front Page News > NVIDIA GTX 670

NVIDIA GTX 670

Becky Becky is offline
Administrator
Becky's Avatar

NVIDIA have released the latest in their 600-series - the GTX 670. Lan OC have taken a look and seem to be impressed with the results:

Quote:
"When Nvidia launched Kepler with the GTX 680 I was impressed with the launch price of the card but even at such a great value it is still out of reach for some people. Just because you canít afford the top card doesnít mean you donít want to experience Keplerís performance. Of course it was only a matter of time before we saw Nvidia filling in the gaps in their product line, starting first with the GTX 690 then going to the next step down from the GTX 680, the GTX 670. Today we get to have a look to see how the performance compares to both the GTX 680 as well as AMDís offerings. We are also very curious how it compares to the GTX 580, a card that has found its way into most of our office PCís.

The GTX 670 is packed with the same features that we saw on the GTX 680 including their unique take on overclocking and GPU Boost. The 670 uses the same GK104 GPU, 2GB of GDDR5 memory running at the same clock speed as the GTX 680 as well. The GTX 670 comes with 1344 CUDA Cores and 7 SMX units compared to the GTX 680ís 1536 CUDA Cores and 8 SMX units. The base clock speed of the GTX 670 is 915MHz with the typical GPU Boost speed reaching 980MHz with this changing depending on the game/application as we explained in our original Kepler launch writeup."
You can read their full review here.