Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > textbox and rtf

textbox and rtf

Zach

Is there a simple way to display an .rtf file in a textbox using asp.net?

Thanks,
Zach.

Zach

"Zach" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4faa12a4$0$14708$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there a simple way to display an .rtf file in a textbox using asp.net?
>
> Thanks,
> Zach.

PS I code in C#.
Zach.

Arne Vajh°j

On 5/9/2012 11:45 AM, Zach wrote:
> Is there a simple way to display an .rtf file in a textbox using asp.net?

Google seems to indicate that you need some third party component for it.

Like:

http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/102004-1.aspx

http://rte.codeplex.com/

You could try look at those (they seem to be for editing, but
maybe they have a readonly property).

Arne

Arne Vajh°j

On 5/12/2012 2:04 AM, Zach wrote:
> "Arne Vajh°j" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:4faafb19$0$295$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On 5/9/2012 11:45 AM, Zach wrote:
>>> Is there a simple way to display an .rtf file in a textbox using
>>> asp.net?

>> Google seems to indicate that you need some third party component for it.
>>
>> Like:
>>
>> http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/102004-1.aspx
>>
>> http://rte.codeplex.com/
>>
>> You could try look at those (they seem to be for editing, but
>> maybe they have a readonly property).

> So ASP.NET does not facillitate formated text to be displayed.

Apparently not RTF.

But it does support formatted text (hint: what is HTML).

Arne

Zach

"Arne Vajh°j" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4faafb19$0$295$(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 5/9/2012 11:45 AM, Zach wrote:
>> Is there a simple way to display an .rtf file in a textbox using asp.net?

> Google seems to indicate that you need some third party component for it.
>
> Like:
>
> http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/102004-1.aspx
>
> http://rte.codeplex.com/
>
> You could try look at those (they seem to be for editing, but
> maybe they have a readonly property).
>
> Arne

Arne,
So ASP.NET does not facillitate formated text to be displayed.
Thank you for the references.
Zach.

Zach

"Arne Vajh°j" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4fadac6c$0$295$(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 5/12/2012 2:04 AM, Zach wrote:
>> "Arne Vajh°j" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:4faafb19$0$295$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> Google seems to indicate that you need some third party component for
>>> it.
>>>
>>> Like:
>>>
>>> http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/102004-1.aspx
>>>
>>> http://rte.codeplex.com/
>>>
>>> You could try look at those (they seem to be for editing, but
>>> maybe they have a readonly property).

>> So ASP.NET does not facillitate formated text to be displayed.

> Apparently not RTF.
>
> But it does support formatted text (hint: what is HTML).
>
> Arne

True, I am aware of that, I was kooking for a different route.

Zach.