Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > uncentreing text

uncentreing text

thedarkman

After the limerick at this link

http://www.infotextmanuscripts.org/l....html#claude-2

is some text in square brackets. This is centred but I want it to
uncentre. If I had coded this file - as I did originally - this would
be no problem, but it has a stylesheet, and I don't know how this
affects things. Can someone tell me what to do in order to ensure

above two].

is not centred?

Thanks

Jonathan N. Little

thedarkman wrote:
> After the limerick at this link
>
> http://www.infotextmanuscripts.org/l....html#claude-2
>
> is some text in square brackets. This is centred but I want it to
> uncentre. If I had coded this file - as I did originally - this would
> be no problem, but it has a stylesheet, and I don't know how this
> affects things. Can someone tell me what to do in order to ensure
>
> above two].
>
> is not centred?
>
> Thanks

<http://htmldog.com/guides/htmlbeginner/>

then:

<http://htmldog.com/guides/cssbeginner/>

You're welcome.

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Doug Miller wrote:

> Yes, I can -- but why should I bother? You don't listen to advice
> anyway.

Makes sense. Besides, no amount of advice can fix his ugly pages, short
of a long and tedious complete rewrite by a knowledgeable author.

<plonk the troll's new nym>

New? He's still "thedarkman" ...

--
-bts

Doug Miller

"Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:jocb3a$jdv$1
@dont-email.me:

> Doug Miller wrote:
>
>> Yes, I can -- but why should I bother? You don't listen to advice
>> anyway.

> Makes sense. Besides, no amount of advice can fix his ugly pages, short
> of a long and tedious complete rewrite by a knowledgeable author.

Which obviously excludes him....

> <plonk the troll's new nym>
>
> New? He's still "thedarkman" ...

Different 'from' address on his posts, apparently, since I had the original one killfiled.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Doug Miller wrote:

> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
>> Doug Miller wrote:
>>> Yes, I can -- but why should I bother? You don't listen to advice
>>> anyway.

>> Makes sense. Besides, no amount of advice can fix his ugly pages, short
>> of a long and tedious complete rewrite by a knowledgeable author.

> Which obviously excludes him....
>>
>> <plonk the troll's new nym>
>>
>> New? He's still "thedarkman" ...
>>

> Different 'from' address on his posts, apparently, since I had the
> original one killfiled.

Ah, I see you're filtering by email address then. From
<(E-Mail Removed)> to <(E-Mail Removed)>
Why not filter on "thedarkman?"

I don't have him filtered; his posts are too funny to miss.

--
-bts

Doug Miller

"Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:joduqd$nob$1
@dont-email.me:

> Ah, I see you're filtering by email address then. From
> <(E-Mail Removed)> to <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Why not filter on "thedarkman?"

Guess I'll have to.

I killfiled him originally because it's quick and easy to KF one email address.

> I don't have him filtered; his posts are too funny to miss.

The idiocy and obstinacy has become so repetitive that I no longer find any humor therein.

thedarkman

On May 9, 3:40*pm, Doug Miller <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:joduqd$nob$1
> @dont-email.me:

I take it none of you clever young things knows how to uncentre that
part of the text then?

http://www.infotextmanuscripts.org/l....html#claude-2

thedarkman

On May 11, 6:24*pm, thedarkman <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> On May 9, 3:40*pm, Doug Miller <(E-Mail Removed)>

Hi, I just took in what you said

<a
href="reviews.html#abookoflimericks" target="_blank"><i>A Book Of

Didn't apply this because for some bizarre reason it is now showing
properly, perhaps I didn't use the full screen before, but I've tried
this on the text at the top:

If you are NOT viewing this page with Internet Explorer, you may see
the titles of some of the limericks lower down the page in black
rather than red, and the bold font of the main text may not be bold.
This is because I am primarily a researcher and author, not a code
warrior!

and it doesn't work, but thanks anyway.