Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Java for business

Java for business

Lee Shaoran

Hello to all,

I am Vishnu from India.
Is Java free for business purposes for Microsoft windows
environment?
If yes, could you please tell me where can i find the software?

thank you,

Vishnu

Jeff Higgins

<http://www.oracle.com/in/corporate/contact/index.html>

> thank you,
>
> Vishnu

Roedy Green

On Tue, 8 May 2012 01:21:49 -0700 (PDT), Lee Shaoran

yes, strangely. See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jdk.html
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/gettingstarted.html
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

Lew

On 05/08/2012 01:21 AM, Lee Shaoran wrote:
> Hello to all,
>
> I am Vishnu from India.
> Is Java free for business purposes for Microsoft windows
> environment?
> If yes, could you please tell me where can i [sic] find the software?

Start here:
<http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/index.html>

Did you try an online search for Java?

--
Lew
Honi soit qui mal y pense.

markspace

On 5/8/2012 1:21 AM, Lee Shaoran wrote:
> Hello to all,
>
> I am Vishnu from India.
> Is Java free for business purposes for Microsoft windows
> environment?
> If yes, could you please tell me where can i find the software?

First, "Java for Business" is Oracle's extended support Java SE:

<http://java.sun.com/javase/faqs.jsp#1q4>

As far as I know the regular Java SE is still free as in "no cost."

<http://java.sun.com/javase/faqs.jsp#1q8>

Java can be found easily with a Google search for "Java download"

<http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp>

Arne Vajhøj

On 5/8/2012 4:21 AM, Lee Shaoran wrote:
> I am Vishnu from India.
> Is Java free for business purposes for Microsoft windows
> environment?
> If yes, could you please tell me where can i find the software?

You can get Java implementations for Windows from multiple
vendors and some vendors offer multiple conditions.

Pick your implementation and check whether the conditions
are acceptable for your usage.

There are certainly free implementations available
for Windows.

Arne