Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > search photo archives TinEye

search photo archives TinEye

philo

Very possible everyone knows about this

but I just found out yesterday. Always thought there should be a way to
search and ID an unknown photo

http://www.tineye.com/

me

On Mon, 07 May 2012 10:12:23 -0500, philo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Very possible everyone knows about this
>
>but I just found out yesterday. Always thought there should be a way to
>search and ID an unknown photo
>
>http://www.tineye.com/

You can do the same with Google Images.

philo

On 05/07/2012 04:23 PM, me wrote:
> On Mon, 07 May 2012 10:12:23 -0500, philo<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Very possible everyone knows about this
>>
>> but I just found out yesterday. Always thought there should be a way to
>> search and ID an unknown photo
>>
>> http://www.tineye.com/

> You can do the same with Google Images.

Dang, how dumb can I get...I never knew that.

--
https://www.createspace.com/3707686

David Dyer-Bennet

me <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> On Mon, 07 May 2012 10:12:23 -0500, philo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>Very possible everyone knows about this
>>
>>but I just found out yesterday. Always thought there should be a way to
>>search and ID an unknown photo
>>
>>http://www.tineye.com/

> You can do the same with Google Images.

You can? Where and how? Google image search seems to take a text
string, not a URL to an existing photo.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed); http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info

RichA

On May 8, 10:56*am, David Dyer-Bennet <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> me <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> > On Mon, 07 May 2012 10:12:23 -0500, philo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >>Very possible everyone knows about this

> >>but I just found out yesterday. Always thought there should be a way to
> >>search and ID an unknown photo

> >>http://www.tineye.com/

> > You can do the same with Google Images.

> You can? *Where and how? *Google image search seems to take a text
> string, not a URL to an existing photo.
> --

What is the point of this site, to see if someone ripped your image
off?

David Dyer-Bennet

RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> On May 8, 10:56*am, David Dyer-Bennet <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> me <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

>> > You can do the same with Google Images.

>> You can? *Where and how? *Google image search seems to take a text
>> string, not a URL to an existing photo.

> What is the point of this site, to see if someone ripped your image
> off?

To satisfy curiosity, and to make it easier to trace history. If those
things don't interest you, and no other use comes to mind, feel free to
not use it!
--
David Dyer-Bennet, (E-Mail Removed); http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info

me

On Tue, 08 May 2012 09:56:37 -0500, David Dyer-Bennet <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>me <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
>> On Mon, 07 May 2012 10:12:23 -0500, philo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>Very possible everyone knows about this
>>>
>>>but I just found out yesterday. Always thought there should be a way to
>>>search and ID an unknown photo
>>>
>>>http://www.tineye.com/

>> You can do the same with Google Images.

>You can? Where and how? Google image search seems to take a text
>string, not a URL to an existing photo.

Click the little blue camera in the right of the search box to open
the dialog box to search by an image url or upload an image to search
for.

Mike

On 07/05/2012 11:12 AM, philo wrote:

> Very possible everyone knows about this
>
> but I just found out yesterday. Always thought there should be a way to
> search and ID an unknown photo
>
> http://www.tineye.com/

There is a FireFox addon,
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...le-my-pictures

Works very well.

--
Mike

David Dyer-Bennet

me <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> On Tue, 08 May 2012 09:56:37 -0500, David Dyer-Bennet <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>me <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

>>> You can do the same with Google Images.

>>You can? Where and how? Google image search seems to take a text
>>string, not a URL to an existing photo.

> Click the little blue camera in the right of the search box to open
> the dialog box to search by an image url or upload an image to search
> for.

Thanks, needed that level of detail!
--

On 5/8/2012 11:55 AM, RichA wrote:
> On May 8, 10:56 am, David Dyer-Bennet<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> me<(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

>>> You can do the same with Google Images.

>> You can? Where and how? Google image search seems to take a text
>> string, not a URL to an existing photo.
>> --

> What is the point of this site, to see if someone ripped your image
> off?

I found a Youtube video that was comprised of unidentified still pictures.

I grabbed one off the video but had no way to ID it.

When I asked for help, someone immediately gave me an answer
and told me they used TinEye

the photo was of Josephine Baker

http://www.tineye.com/search/0591046...8ad2c8e3390b4/

an amazing photo

now I am trying to find out if it came from a movie and if so which one.
Also trying to see if there is an archive somewhere that will sell a
hi-res image