Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > General Computer Support > NEED HELP! Computer programming and Time series analysis

NEED HELP! Computer programming and Time series analysis

xENVIOUSx xENVIOUSx is offline
Junior Member

I am completely new to computer programming...scratch that...

I have no idea about computer programming and I'd like to get started. I am interested in creating a program that includes time series analysis (i.e. simple moving averages, weighted moving averages, exponential smoothing...). I have created spreadsheets in Excel but it is too tedious to enter new information over and over and over again... I would just like to enter some numbers and have the program spit out forecasts.

Where do I get started?