Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > i want to play mp3 for infinite time

i want to play mp3 for infinite time

chetan1991@gmail.com

Hello All,
I am Chetan Joshi,
IBAB, Bangalore.

I want to play my mp3 file for infinite times,
help me to play this for infinite time in loop.

i use netBeans to run this program.
import javax.media.*;
import java.io.*;
import java.net.URL;

public class playmp3
{
public static void main(String[] args)
{
mp3 t = new mp3("file:///C://JavaApplications//cd.mp3");
t.start();
/* i have tried to run this, but it player my mp3 file for once only. Hence i commented this
try
{
while(TRUE)
if(t.isAlive())
{t.join();}
else
{
t.join();
}
}
catch(Exception e){}*/
}
}

class mp3 extends Thread
{
private URL url; // Uniform Resource locater - helps in path
private MediaLocator mediaLocator; // related to URL -helps in creatinh play list

private Player playMP3; // interface
public mp3(String mp3)
{
try
{
this.url = new URL(mp3);
}
catch(Exception e)
{
System.out.println(e.getMessage());
}
}
public void run()
{
try
{
mediaLocator = new MediaLocator(url);
playMP3 = Manager.createPlayer(mediaLocator);
}
catch(Exception e)
{
System.out.println(e.getMessage());
}

playMP3.addControllerListener(new ControllerListener()
{
public void controllerUpdate(ControllerEvent e)
{
if (e instanceof EndOfMediaEvent)
{
playMP3.stop();
playMP3.close();

}
}
}
);

playMP3.realize();
playMP3.start();
}
}

/**

MediaLocater:
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17802_01/...iaLocator.html
Player
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17802_01/...ia/Player.html

Controller
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17802_01/...lerListener%29

Interface clock
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17802_01/...ock.html#RESET

About instanceof
if (objectReference instanceof type)

EndOfMedia
http://java.sun.com/javame/reference...ediaEvent.html

*/

Gavino

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I want to play my mp3 file for infinite times,
> help me to play this for infinite time in loop.

> public void controllerUpdate(ControllerEvent e)
> {
> if (e instanceof EndOfMediaEvent)
> {
> playMP3.stop();
> playMP3.close();

Instead of closing the player, you should do this:
playMP3.setMediaTime(new Time(0));
playMP3.start();

Knute Johnson

On 5/6/2012 9:00 PM, Lew wrote:
> Gavino wrote:
>> chetan1991 wrote ...
>>> I want to play my mp3 file for infinite times,
>>> help me to play this for infinite time in loop.

>>> public void controllerUpdate(ControllerEvent e)
>>> {
>>> if (e instanceof EndOfMediaEvent)
>>> {
>>> playMP3.stop();
>>> playMP3.close();

>> Instead of closing the player, you should do this:
>> playMP3.setMediaTime(new Time(0));
>> playMP3.start();

> Also, follow the Java naming and source indentation conventions.
>
> <http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/codeconv-138413.html>

He's going to need the Java MP3 plugin and I can't find it on Oracle's
website. Any idea where it is now? I've still got a copy and it works
fine for MPEG2 layer 3 audio files even for JavaSound.

--

Knute Johnson

Gavino

"Knute Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:jo7k3s$oke$(E-Mail Removed)...
> He's going to need the Java MP3 plugin and I can't find it on Oracle's
> website. Any idea where it is now?

I imagine he's got it since he said he was able to play the file once
(ie without looping).

Anyway, it can be found at:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...ad-137625.html

Knute Johnson

On 5/7/2012 10:36 AM, Gavino wrote:
> "Knute Johnson"<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:jo7k3s$oke$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> He's going to need the Java MP3 plugin and I can't find it on Oracle's
>> website. Any idea where it is now?

> I imagine he's got it since he said he was able to play the file once
> (ie without looping).
>
> Anyway, it can be found at:
> http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...ad-137625.html

It's not actually there. That page takes you to another that has JMF
and JAI but no MP3 plugin.

--

Knute Johnson