Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > General Computer Support > Need help to break bios Pass

Need help to break bios Pass

Kreativ Kreativ is offline
Junior Member

Hello,

I want to break the bios password of Acer extensa 5630, i have tried enough but nothing worked.
I found a solution to remove CMOS jumpers or battery can help, but I am unable to find anything.
anyone can help?

Last edited by Kreativ; 05-05-2012 at 09:30 PM..

craiga24 craiga24 is offline
Junior Member

You need to remove the CMOS battery for about 60 seconds. This is the small watch type battery on the main board. Unfortunately sometimes it is soldered to the mainboard.

Alternativly you can as you said move the jumpers. On a laptop the reset CMOS tends to be a J1 J2 connection on the board ( Check first in your manual) that you can short with tinfoil or a screwdriver. Check your motherboard/Laptop manual or service manual (It is usually located near the RAM but not always.

Your third option is something like hirens boot which I am sure has password removal tools on it

`if (!p ? i++ : 0) break;' == `if (!p){ i++; break;}' ? lovecreatesbea...@gmail.com C Programming 12 04-14-2008 07:59 AM
Bios pass word pat Computer Support 4 01-31-2005 07:06 PM
Need help unlocking the BIOS password on a Dell laptop. Tia Computer Support 1 06-01-2004 09:27 PM