Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > General Computer Support > Need help to break bios Pass

Need help to break bios Pass

05-05-2012
Hello,

I want to break the bios password of Acer extensa 5630, i have tried enough but nothing worked.
I found a solution to remove CMOS jumpers or battery can help, but I am unable to find anything.
anyone can help?

Last edited by Kreativ; 05-05-2012 at 09:30 PM..

05-09-2012
You need to remove the CMOS battery for about 60 seconds. This is the small watch type battery on the main board. Unfortunately sometimes it is soldered to the mainboard.

Alternativly you can as you said move the jumpers. On a laptop the reset CMOS tends to be a J1 J2 connection on the board ( Check first in your manual) that you can short with tinfoil or a screwdriver. Check your motherboard/Laptop manual or service manual (It is usually located near the RAM but not always.

Your third option is something like hirens boot which I am sure has password removal tools on it