Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Digital back for a Mamiya 645 Pro TL?

Digital back for a Mamiya 645 Pro TL?

Sandman

Anyone know what digital backs are available for the Mamiya 645 Pro
TL? I've just bought one and it's my first medium format camera, and
I'm a bit interested in what my digital options are, and what price
ranges I might find myself in.

--
Sandman[.net]

Sandman

In article <2012050303520117709-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>,

> On 2012-05-03 02:43:21 -0700, Sandman <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>
> > Anyone know what digital backs are available for the Mamiya 645 Pro
> > TL? I've just bought one and it's my first medium format camera, and
> > I'm a bit interested in what my digital options are, and what price
> > ranges I might find myself in.

> Just make sure your wallet has been well trained.
> < http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/Di...8/N/4288586702 >

None on that page seem to suggest that it would fit a 645 Pro TL, most
list Mamiya 645AF and 645AFD, which is not the same camera...

> < http://www.mamiyaleaf.com/ >

Same goes for the Leaf:

Cameras supported: Mamiya: 645DF, 645AFDII/ III RZ, RZII PRO, RZ
PRO-IId

Please let me know if I've misunderstood the models and supported list
in some way. As I mentioned, I'm totally new to this MF world...

--
Sandman[.net]

Richard

Sandman wrote:
> In article <2012050303520117709-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>,
> Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2012-05-03 02:43:21 -0700, Sandman <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>>
>>> Anyone know what digital backs are available for the Mamiya 645 Pro
>>> TL? I've just bought one and it's my first medium format camera, and
>>> I'm a bit interested in what my digital options are, and what price
>>> ranges I might find myself in.

>> Just make sure your wallet has been well trained.
>> <
>> http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/Di...8/N/4288586702
>> >

> None on that page seem to suggest that it would fit a 645 Pro TL, most
> list Mamiya 645AF and 645AFD, which is not the same camera...
>
>> < http://www.mamiyaleaf.com/ >

> Same goes for the Leaf:
>
> Cameras supported: Mamiya: 645DF, 645AFDII/ III RZ, RZII PRO, RZ
> PRO-IId
>
> Please let me know if I've misunderstood the models and supported list
> in some way. As I mentioned, I'm totally new to this MF world...

This any help?
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/fo...hp?topic=41988

J. Clarke

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,

> In article <2012050303520117709-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>,
> Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
>
> > On 2012-05-03 02:43:21 -0700, Sandman <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
> >
> > > Anyone know what digital backs are available for the Mamiya 645 Pro
> > > TL? I've just bought one and it's my first medium format camera, and
> > > I'm a bit interested in what my digital options are, and what price
> > > ranges I might find myself in.

> > Just make sure your wallet has been well trained.
> > < http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/Di...8/N/4288586702 >

> None on that page seem to suggest that it would fit a 645 Pro TL, most
> list Mamiya 645AF and 645AFD, which is not the same camera...
>
> > < http://www.mamiyaleaf.com/ >

> Same goes for the Leaf:
>
> Cameras supported: Mamiya: 645DF, 645AFDII/ III RZ, RZII PRO, RZ
> PRO-IId
>
> Please let me know if I've misunderstood the models and supported list
> in some way. As I mentioned, I'm totally new to this MF world...

Imacon used to make one for the 645 Pro TL before they got merged with
Hasselblad. Good luck finding one though. Keep watching ebay and
eventually one may surface--expect to pay 400 bucks or so for the
adapter, and a few thousand for the back. I believe there was also a
Kodak DCS back with an adapter for the 645 Pro TL. Same deal. All out
of production so you're looking for used.

Sandman

In article <4fa27b6a$0$12266$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Richard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> < http://www.mamiyaleaf.com/ >

> > Same goes for the Leaf:
> >
> > Cameras supported: Mamiya: 645DF, 645AFDII/ III RZ, RZII PRO, RZ
> > PRO-IId
> >
> > Please let me know if I've misunderstood the models and supported list
> > in some way. As I mentioned, I'm totally new to this MF world...

> This any help?
> http://www.luminous-landscape.com/fo...hp?topic=41988

Yes, I've found some threads from LL about digital backs for the
645PRO, but most are pretty old (the one you linked to is more than
two years old) and it's hard to get a good grip on what backs are
still available (even as second hand) and what prices they may have
now.

BUt thanks, I don't think I've seen that particular thread actually.

--
Sandman[.net]

Sandman

In article <(E-Mail Removed) ocal>,
"J. Clarke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
> >
> > In article <2012050303520117709-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>,
> > Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

> > > Just make sure your wallet has been well trained.
> > > < http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/Di...8/N/4288586702 >

> > None on that page seem to suggest that it would fit a 645 Pro TL, most
> > list Mamiya 645AF and 645AFD, which is not the same camera...
> >
> > > < http://www.mamiyaleaf.com/ >

> > Same goes for the Leaf:
> >
> > Cameras supported: Mamiya: 645DF, 645AFDII/ III RZ, RZII PRO, RZ
> > PRO-IId
> >
> > Please let me know if I've misunderstood the models and supported list
> > in some way. As I mentioned, I'm totally new to this MF world...

> Imacon used to make one for the 645 Pro TL before they got merged with
> Hasselblad. Good luck finding one though. Keep watching ebay and
> eventually one may surface--expect to pay 400 bucks or so for the
> adapter, and a few thousand for the back. I believe there was also a
> Kodak DCS back with an adapter for the 645 Pro TL. Same deal. All out
> of production so you're looking for used.

Yes, and still a bit pricey. Maybe I should get used to the camera in
analog mode first and then see if I want to invest in a digital back.
I've already got a Nikon D3s so I'm not that interested in pouring
mondey into a camera field I'm as of now currently only curious about

Thanks for the information!

--
Sandman[.net]