Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: [SI] Next mandate selection

Re: [SI] Next mandate selection

Robert Coe

On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 12:42:10 -0400, Alan Browne
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: Last month the Committee asked for suggestions for a new mandate.
:
: We received 43 suggestions. If We missed any, please tell us. Rather
: than the committee picking the mandate, we are known to be biased, We
: suggest a vote on the following list. From the list below, post your
: favourite 5.
:
: 'duck, because you posted nearly 1/2 of these, you are prohibited from
: picking from your own list. The committee discussed this exception for
: nearly 2 seconds before deciding firmly on it, so we hope you'll respect
: our decision.
:
: We'll tally the replies and post back the results. If we need a runoff
: vote, we'll try to do that before Sunday evening.
:
: Please:
:
: 1) Reply simply with up to 5 choices from the list.
: (edit away those you don't want)
: 2) You may embellish the choices with comments related to the choice.
: 3) Do not start sidebar discussions.

Well, let's see... I vote for:

* On the Road
* Signs
* My Town
* Decay (consider shots of abandoned, or forgotten architecture, etc.
* Transport (all and/or any forms of transport excluding automobiles)

I almost voted for "Open", but I guess I'll leave that for a time when I don't
like enough of the other choices.

And I vote (plead?) for the omission of a harsh, arbitrary prohibition of
archive shots.

One last thought (not starting a sidebar discussion): JUSTICE FOR THE DUCK!!!

Bob

Annika1980

Dammit, what part of "Do not start sidebar discussions" don't you guys
get?

Your master has set rules and you must follow them! OBEY!

Btw, anybody heard from D-Mac lately?