Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Landline call to SIP

Landline call to SIP

tony sayer

In article <jo0m85$lqn$(E-Mail Removed)>, Andrew Gabriel
<(E-Mail Removed)> scribeth thus
>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> "(PeteCresswell)" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>> Per Phil:
>>>I have a SIP account set up on my mobile, what I would like to be able
>>>to do buy a box that will on recieving an landline call then route the
>>>call over VOIP to my SIP account on my mobile.

>> Immediately? Or only after n rings?
>>
>> Seems like immediately would defeat your home phone system where
>> you might want yourself to be answering on one extension and
>> somebody else in the house on another.
>>
>> I am using an SPA3102 and would welcome comment from anybody who
>> knows how to route calls to SIP after n rings - providing a sort
>> of alternative answering machine effect.

>The SPA3102 can route the call to a SIP number _and_ continue to
>ring on a locally attached handset. The first one to pickup gets
>the call. I've used this to implement a phone extension miles
>away over SIP. The SPA3102 can add a caller display name prefix
>too, so if the remote extension is used for other things too,
>you can see that a particular call has been routed to it from
>the SPA3102. (In my case, the remote extension is an SPA too.)

Bit of an old post but can you let on quite how thats configured to do
that a friend of mine would appreciate that facility!...

cheers..
--
Tony Sayer