Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Re: High-level network programming: is C language suitable for that?

Re: High-level network programming: is C language suitable for that?

ImpalerCore

On Apr 26, 12:50*pm, pozz <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I'll start a new application in a short time and I'm wondering if C
> language is good enough for that.
>
> The application will be simple: it should implement some TCP/UDP
> protocols (like TFTP, BOOTP,...) with a simple GUI. *It will run on
> Windows platforms, but the possibility to run it on Linux would be nice.
>
> Is C language suitable for this kind of applications? *Which kind of
> cross-platform libraries should I use to manage IP protocols and simple
> GUIs? *Could python or other high-level (script) languages be a better
> choice?

Wireshark is largely written in C, which should be enough to
demonstrate C's feasibility to handle networking applications. Just
depends on your comfort levels using whatever combination of GUI and
network frameworks that suits your fancy.

Best regards,
John D.