Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Re: High-level network programming: is C language suitable for that?

Re: High-level network programming: is C language suitable for that?

Heinrich Wolf

"pozz" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:jnbudg$vhc$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'll start a new application in a short time and I'm wondering if C
> language is good enough for that.
>
> The application will be simple: it should implement some TCP/UDP protocols
> (like TFTP, BOOTP,...) with a simple GUI. It will run on Windows
> platforms, but the possibility to run it on Linux would be nice.
>
> Is C language suitable for this kind of applications? Which kind of
> cross-platform libraries should I use to manage IP protocols and simple
> GUIs? Could python or other high-level (script) languages be a better
> choice?

Hi,

C is definitely suitable enough for network programming. In my profession I
created several networking daemon applications using K&R C on Unix / Linux.

Heiner