Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > Front Page News > AMD Versus Intel Integrated Graphics w/ Ivy Bridge

AMD Versus Intel Integrated Graphics w/ Ivy Bridge

Becky Becky is offline
Administrator
Becky's Avatar

Further to the recent launch of Ivy Bridge, Legit Reviews have published an article today looking at how this chip affects integrated graphics by comparing AMD and Intel.

Quote:
"Back in February we wrote an article about how far integrated graphics has come since 2006. We looked at five different solutions from AMD and Intel and found that integrated graphics have really come a long way with regards to both companies. In that article we told you that we would update the article once AMD Trinity APUs and Intel Ivy Bridge processors came out. Well, Intel released the quad-core 3rd generation Intel Core processor family on Monday and this is the 22nm Ivy Bridge processors that we have been waiting on.

The 3rd generation Intel Core processor with Intel HD Graphics 4000 delivers up to two times better 3D graphics performance compared to the previous-generation processor. Intel HD Graphics 4000 also now supports Microsoft DirectX 11, OpenGL 3.1 and OpenCL 1.1. These are significant changes and something we wanted to take a look at. We could have used the Intel DH67BL motherboard for testing, but we managed to get our hands on the Intel DH77EB motherboard and used it. We wanted to use a processor that was equivalent to the Intel Core i3-2105 or AMD A8-3850, but Intel has not released any Core i3 processors based on the Ivy Bridge microarchitecture yet. We settled for the Intel Core i5-3550, which is a quad-core processor that has a base clock of 3.3GHz and no HyperThreading support. The Intel HD Graphics 4000 on the processor has has a base clock of 650MHz and a maximum dynamic frequency of 1150MHz."
You can read the full review here.