Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > why i could not receive email from this mail group?

Reply
Thread Tools

why i could not receive email from this mail group?

 
 
q
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-22-2012
Why have never receive email from this mail group although i have set Email: send each message to me as it arrives.My english is poor, i hope u could understand what i say.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Jens Thoms Toerring
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-22-2012
q <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Why have never receive email from this mail group although i have set Email:
> send each message to me as it arrives.My english is poor, i hope u could
> understand what i say.


This isn't a mailing list, this is a usenet newsgroup. It doesn't
work via email, you have to follow it using a proper newsreader
via a usenet provider (or use some web based interface like
Google groups).
Regards, Jens
--
\ Jens Thoms Toerring ___ http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
\__________________________ http://toerring.de
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Rich Webb
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-22-2012
On Sun, 22 Apr 2012 06:23:42 -0700 (PDT), q <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Why have never receive email from this mail group although i have set Email: send each message to me as it arrives.My english is poor, i hope u could understand what i say.


You will need to contact someone at GoogleGroups (?) or the Geo
Discussion Forum (?) with this question.

This is a Usenet group for which some providers provide gateway
services. Any email functions are strictly within their control as
Usenet groups, as such, have no capability for that.

--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA
 
Reply With Quote
 
Keith Thompson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-22-2012
Rich Webb <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> On Sun, 22 Apr 2012 06:23:42 -0700 (PDT), q <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Why have never receive email from this mail group although i have set
>>Email: send each message to me as it arrives.My english is poor, i
>>hope u could understand what i say.

>
> You will need to contact someone at GoogleGroups (?) or the Geo
> Discussion Forum (?) with this question.
>
> This is a Usenet group for which some providers provide gateway
> services. Any email functions are strictly within their control as
> Usenet groups, as such, have no capability for that.


How would contacting someone at Google Groups be helpful? This is a
Usenet newsgroup, and it's existed far longer than Google has. Google
Groups merely provides (clumsy) interface to it.

--
Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) (E-Mail Removed) <http://www.ghoti.net/~kst>
Will write code for food.
"We must do something. This is something. Therefore, we must do this."
-- Antony Jay and Jonathan Lynn, "Yes Minister"
 
Reply With Quote
 
James Kuyper
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-22-2012
On 04/22/2012 03:00 PM, Keith Thompson wrote:
> Rich Webb <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>> On Sun, 22 Apr 2012 06:23:42 -0700 (PDT), q <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> Why have never receive email from this mail group although i have set
>>> Email: send each message to me as it arrives.My english is poor, i
>>> hope u could understand what i say.

>>
>> You will need to contact someone at GoogleGroups (?) or the Geo
>> Discussion Forum (?) with this question.
>>
>> This is a Usenet group for which some providers provide gateway
>> services. Any email functions are strictly within their control as
>> Usenet groups, as such, have no capability for that.

>
> How would contacting someone at Google Groups be helpful? This is a
> Usenet newsgroup, and it's existed far longer than Google has. Google
> Groups merely provides (clumsy) interface to it.


Part of that interface is the option to deliver it to the user through
e-mail.
--
James Kuyper
 
Reply With Quote
 
Rich Webb
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-22-2012
On Sun, 22 Apr 2012 12:00:28 -0700, Keith Thompson <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Rich Webb <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>> On Sun, 22 Apr 2012 06:23:42 -0700 (PDT), q <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>Why have never receive email from this mail group although i have set
>>>Email: send each message to me as it arrives.My english is poor, i
>>>hope u could understand what i say.

>>
>> You will need to contact someone at GoogleGroups (?) or the Geo
>> Discussion Forum (?) with this question.
>>
>> This is a Usenet group for which some providers provide gateway
>> services. Any email functions are strictly within their control as
>> Usenet groups, as such, have no capability for that.

>
>How would contacting someone at Google Groups be helpful?


Well, if he reads the group over at Google Groups ...

> This is a
>Usenet newsgroup, and it's existed far longer than Google has. Google
>Groups merely provides (clumsy) interface to it.


Feh. I've got nose hairs older than this group.

--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA
 
Reply With Quote
 
Lew Pitcher
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-22-2012
On Sunday 22 April 2012 18:19, in comp.lang.c, (E-Mail Removed)
wrote:

> On Sun, 22 Apr 2012 12:00:28 -0700, Keith Thompson <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:

[snip]
>> This is a
>>Usenet newsgroup, and it's existed far longer than Google has. Google
>>Groups merely provides (clumsy) interface to it.

>
> Feh. I've got nose hairs older than this group.


Ahhhh.....
We've been meaning to talk to you about that....


--
Lew Pitcher

 
Reply With Quote
 
q
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-23-2012
在 2012年4月22日星期日UTC+8下午9时36分48秒 ,Jens Thoms Toerring写道:
> q <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Why have never receive email from this mail group although i have set Email:
> > send each message to me as it arrives.My english is poor, i hope u could
> > understand what i say.

>
> This isn't a mailing list, this is a usenet newsgroup. It doesn't
> work via email, you have to follow it using a proper newsreader
> via a usenet provider (or use some web based interface like
> Google groups).
> Regards, Jens
> --
> \ Jens Thoms Toerring ___ (E-Mail Removed)
> \__________________________ http://toerring.de

I also could regard it as a mailing list


在 2012年4月22日星期日UTC+8下午9时36分48秒 ,Jens Thoms Toerring写道:
> q <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Why have never receive email from this mail group although i have set Email:
> > send each message to me as it arrives.My english is poor, i hope u could
> > understand what i say.

>
> This isn't a mailing list, this is a usenet newsgroup. It doesn't
> work via email, you have to follow it using a proper newsreader
> via a usenet provider (or use some web based interface like
> Google groups).
> Regards, Jens
> --
> \ Jens Thoms Toerring ___ (E-Mail Removed)
> \__________________________ http://toerring.de




在 2012年4月22日星期日UTC+8下午9时36分48秒 ,Jens Thoms Toerring写道:
> q <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Why have never receive email from this mail group although i have set Email:
> > send each message to me as it arrives.My english is poor, i hope u could
> > understand what i say.

>
> This isn't a mailing list, this is a usenet newsgroup. It doesn't
> work via email, you have to follow it using a proper newsreader
> via a usenet provider (or use some web based interface like
> Google groups).
> Regards, Jens
> --
> \ Jens Thoms Toerring ___ (E-Mail Removed)
> \__________________________ http://toerring.de




在 2012年4月22日星期日UTC+8下午9时36分48秒 ,Jens Thoms Toerring写道:
> q <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Why have never receive email from this mail group although i have set Email:
> > send each message to me as it arrives.My english is poor, i hope u could
> > understand what i say.

>
> This isn't a mailing list, this is a usenet newsgroup. It doesn't
> work via email, you have to follow it using a proper newsreader
> via a usenet provider (or use some web based interface like
> Google groups).
> Regards, Jens
> --
> \ Jens Thoms Toerring ___ (E-Mail Removed)
> \__________________________ http://toerring.de




在 2012年4月22日星期日UTC+8下午9时36分48秒 ,Jens Thoms Toerring写道:
> q <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Why have never receive email from this mail group although i have set Email:
> > send each message to me as it arrives.My english is poor, i hope u could
> > understand what i say.

>
> This isn't a mailing list, this is a usenet newsgroup. It doesn't
> work via email, you have to follow it using a proper newsreader
> via a usenet provider (or use some web based interface like
> Google groups).
> Regards, Jens
> --
> \ Jens Thoms Toerring ___ (E-Mail Removed)
> \__________________________ http://toerring.de


we could regard it as a mailing list, and i also could receive emails from other mailing list.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Thomas Richter
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-23-2012
On 23.04.2012 06:56, q wrote:
> 在 2012年4月22日星期日UTC+8下午9时36分48秒 ,Jens Thoms Toerring写道:
>> q<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> Why have never receive email from this mail group although i have set Email:
>>> send each message to me as it arrives.My english is poor, i hope u could
>>> understand what i say.

>>
>> This isn't a mailing list, this is a usenet newsgroup. It doesn't
>> work via email, you have to follow it using a proper newsreader
>> via a usenet provider (or use some web based interface like
>> Google groups).
>> Regards, Jens
>> --
>> \ Jens Thoms Toerring ___ (E-Mail Removed)
>> \__________________________ http://toerring.de

> I also could regard it as a mailing list


Your experience shows otherwise. No, this is not a mailing list, and
usenet works technically different from a mailing list. If someone
provides a mail interface to this group, it is the problem of this
"someone" if this service does not work as expected, and nobody here
would be able to help.

Otherwise, you need a news reader to read a newsgroup. Thunderbird
includes one, for example, to follow this newsgroup through its native
interface.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
findcontrol("PlaceHolderPrice") why why why why why why why why why why why Mr. SweatyFinger ASP .Net 2 12-02-2006 03:46 PM
Could not connect to mail server System.Web Could not access 'CDO.Message' object. ????? Adam Knight ASP .Net 1 12-05-2005 05:38 AM
e-mail is not working. Cant e-mail out or receive any.......... gangle Computer Support 10 09-09-2004 07:33 PM
Outlook 2000 receive mail from Excite mail user Atreju Computer Support 1 08-17-2004 08:58 PM
Re: Crystal Reports .Net - I receive a 'free license could not be obtained' error when deploying my .net app Carl Prothman [MVP] ASP .Net 2 08-14-2003 04:14 AM



Advertisments