Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Check out this high mag macro lens for micro 4/3rds

Reply
Thread Tools

Check out this high mag macro lens for micro 4/3rds

 
 
RichA
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-18-2012
http://shashinki.com/shop/yasuhara-n...s-p-10126.html

About $650.00 U.S.



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Bruce
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-18-2012
RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>http://shashinki.com/shop/yasuhara-n...s-p-10126.html
>
>About $650.00 U.S.



Change the currency on the web page to US$; it comes out at $701.05.

It's available on Amazon.com for "only" $536.00 + $11.49 shipping from
Slovakia or $499.00 at B&H.

Interesting that no focal length is quoted, but I understand it is
about 65mm. Also interesting that it stops down to f/32 by which
aperture the loss of acuity due to diffraction will be severe.

Designed in Japan but made in China so you won't like it, even though
the barrel and mount are metal.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
RichA
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-18-2012
On Apr 18, 12:28*pm, Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >http://shashinki.com/shop/yasuhara-n...cro-mount-came...

>
> >About $650.00 U.S.

>
> Change the currency on the web page to US$; it comes out at $701.05.
>
> It's available on Amazon.com for "only" $536.00 + $11.49 shipping from
> Slovakia or $499.00 at B&H.
>
> Interesting that no focal length is quoted, but I understand it is
> about 65mm. *Also interesting that it stops down to f/32 by which
> aperture the loss of acuity due to diffraction will be severe.
>
> Designed in Japan but made in China so you won't like it, even though
> the barrel and mount are metal.


I don't mind the Samyang stuff from Korea, perhaps the can make me a
special copy there?
 
Reply With Quote
 
Bruce
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-18-2012
RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Apr 18, 12:28*pm, Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> >http://shashinki.com/shop/yasuhara-n...cro-mount-came...

>>
>> >About $650.00 U.S.

>>
>> Change the currency on the web page to US$; it comes out at $701.05.
>>
>> It's available on Amazon.com for "only" $536.00 + $11.49 shipping from
>> Slovakia or $499.00 at B&H.
>>
>> Interesting that no focal length is quoted, but I understand it is
>> about 65mm. *Also interesting that it stops down to f/32 by which
>> aperture the loss of acuity due to diffraction will be severe.
>>
>> Designed in Japan but made in China so you won't like it, even though
>> the barrel and mount are metal.

>
> I don't mind the Samyang stuff from Korea, perhaps the can make me a
>special copy there?



What? You buy things that are ... MADE IN KOREA ?????

<shudder>


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: Any sign of the SP3 coming out on a NZ Computer World Mag disc yet? Dave Doe NZ Computing 7 06-19-2008 06:24 PM
High Mag. at reduced Pixels. Bob Williams Digital Photography 3 05-10-2008 08:33 PM
Nikon Micro Nikkor 105mm f/2.8 VR vs. Micro Nikkor 105mm f/2.8D =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?= Digital Photography 3 06-25-2006 01:43 PM
Macro lens on a camera with a macro setting??? mitchell.chris@gmail.com Digital Photography 2 09-28-2005 07:55 AM
PC Mag checks out Apple G5 IRO NZ Computing 10 09-22-2003 08:06 AM



Advertisments