Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Whither paramiko?

Whither paramiko?

Bryan

Paramiko is a Python library for SSH (Secure Shell). Over about the
last year, I've grown dependent upon it. Its home page is still easy
to search up, but the links to its mailing list and repository don't
work.

Paramiko depends on PyCrypto, and not so long ago that dependency was
the stated reason why paramiko did not yet play with Python 3. Even
more recently, PyCrypto has gone green on the Python 3 Wall of Shame.

Anyone know recent news on the status of paramiko?

Thanks,
-Bryan

Matej Cepl

On 15.4.2012 15:42, Bryan wrote:
> Paramiko is a Python library for SSH (Secure Shell). Over about the
> last year, I've grown dependent upon it. Its home page is still easy
> to search up, but the links to its mailing list and repository don't
> work.
>
> Paramiko depends on PyCrypto, and not so long ago that dependency was
> the stated reason why paramiko did not yet play with Python 3. Even
> more recently, PyCrypto has gone green on the Python 3 Wall of Shame.

Well, if anybody ports paramiko to use some reasonable SSL bindings
(i.e., m2crypto, python-nss) then I will buy him a cup of tea, coffee or
other beverage of his choice .

Matěj

Richard Shea

On Apr 16, 1:42*am, Bryan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Paramiko is a Python library for SSH (Secure Shell). Over about the
> last year, I've grown dependent upon it. Its home page is still easy
> to search up, but the links to its mailing list and repository don't
> work.
>
> Paramiko depends on PyCrypto, and not so long ago that dependency was
> the stated reason why paramiko did not yet play with Python 3. Even
> more recently, PyCrypto has gone green on the Python 3 Wall of Shame.
>
> Anyone know recent news on the status of paramiko?

You may have already tried this but on the web page ( http://www.lag.net/jaramiko/
)for Jaramiko, the Java port of Paramiko, there's an email address for
the author - maybe you could try that ? The email address quoted is :
robey at lag.net .

What's a bit odd is that, as you mentioned, the repository is
mentioned as being at : http://github.com/robey/paramiko/ but comes up
404. However the user robey (robeypointer at gmail.com) is still on
GitHub (and has been there since 200 but there's no mention of
anything related to Paramiko on his page.

If you do find anything maybe you could update this thread as I'm just
about to start using the library and I'd like to know a little more
about where it might be going in future.

regards

Richard.

Richard Shea

On Apr 19, 8:28*pm, Richard Shea <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Apr 16, 1:42*am, Bryan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:>Paramiko is a Python library for SSH (Secure Shell). Over about the
> > last year, I've grown dependent upon it. Its home page is still easy
> > to search up, but the links to its mailing list and repository don't
> > work.

> > Paramiko depends on PyCrypto, and not so long ago that dependency was
> > the stated reason why paramiko did not yet play with Python 3. Even
> > more recently, PyCrypto has gone green on the Python 3 Wall of Shame.

> > Anyone know recent news on the status of paramiko?

> You may have already tried this but on the web page (http://www.lag.net/jaramiko/
> )for Jaramiko, the Java port of Paramiko, there's an email address for
> the author - maybe you could try that ? The email address quoted is :
> robey at lag.net .
>
> What's a bit odd is that, as you mentioned, the repository is
> mentioned as being at :http://github.com/robey/paramiko/but comes up
> 404. However the user robey (robeypointer at gmail.com) is still on
> GitHub (and has been there since 200 but there's no mention of
> anything related to Paramiko on his page.
>
> If you do find anything maybe you could update this thread as I'm just
> about to start using the library and I'd like to know a little more
> about where it might be going in future.
>
> regards
>
> Richard.

Just another data point . I've just taken a look at the bundled
documention of the 1.7.7.1 release and in there the robeypointer @
gmail.com is cited as being the contact point for the developer .

regards

Richard.

Whither AJAX? Jeff HTML 8 02-01-2008 05:58 PM
Whither binary search? Neil Cerutti Python 8 09-28-2006 10:53 PM
Whither python24.dll? {WinCvs 2.0 and Python} Warren Postma Python 1 04-12-2005 09:36 PM
Whither datetime.date ? Harald Hanche-Olsen Python 3 02-26-2005 06:40 PM
Whither Trainspotting? Aaron J. Bossig DVD Video 62 10-16-2003 01:54 AM

Advertisments