Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > System.Web.Mail and Pickup Directory

System.Web.Mail and Pickup Directory

=?Utf-8?B?U2FtdWVs?=

Hi,

I am not too sure how to send email with System.Web.Mail using Pickup
directory.
The following is what I have

eMail = new MailMessage()
eMail.BodyFormat = MailFormat.Text
eMail.To = "(E-Mail Removed)"
eMail.From = _SendFrom
eMail.Body = _Body
eMail.Fields("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing") =
"1
eMail.Fields("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserverpickupdirectory")= "C:\Inetpub\mailroot\Pickup"

SmtpMail.SmtpServer = "localhost"
SmtpMail.Send(eMail)

Also, do I have to specify SmtpMail.SmtpServer if I am only using the pickup
directory?

Kevin Yu [MSFT]

Hi

We have reviewed this issue and are currently researching on it. We will
update you ASAP. Thanks for your patience!

Kevin Yu
=======
rights."

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi,

I think your code is right, If we directly using the pickup directory to
send email via System.Web.Mail ( or CDO component), only the sending method
and pickup directory path is required, we don't need to specify the
smtpSErver. Here is a certain kb article mentioned how to use pickup
directory to send mail via CDO.
But since the .net's System.Web.Mail is underlying using CDO, it'll be the
same for system.web.mail

#How To Send HTML Formatted Mail Using CDO for Windows 2000 and the Local
Pickup Directory

Hope also helps. Thanks.

Regards,

Steven Cheng