Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > ThinkPad T60 palmrest...

ThinkPad T60 palmrest...

~misfit~

I've forgotten who it was that I promised one to?

I've been sorting my ThinkPad stuff out and have found it.... For a 15" 4:3
model (with touchpad and fingerprint reader). Contact me either here or by
email if you still want it. I believe my real address should show in the
headers?

Cheers,
--
Shaun.

cozy little classification in the DSM."
David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)

Ray Greene

On Sat, 14 Apr 2012 01:20:48 +1200, "~misfit~"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I've forgotten who it was that I promised one to?
>
>I've been sorting my ThinkPad stuff out and have found it.... For a 15" 4:3
>model (with touchpad and fingerprint reader). Contact me either here or by
>email if you still want it. I believe my real address should show in the
>headers?

That would be me, glad to hear you found one.
Were you still looking for an IDE drive? I found a box with some old
drives the other day, not sure what sizes are there but I can have a
look if you want to do a trade.

--
Ray Greene

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Ray Greene wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Apr 2012 01:20:48 +1200, "~misfit~"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I've forgotten who it was that I promised one to?
>>
>> I've been sorting my ThinkPad stuff out and have found it.... For a
>> 15" 4:3 model (with touchpad and fingerprint reader). Contact me
>> either here or by email if you still want it. I believe my real
>> address should show in the headers?
>>

> That would be me, glad to hear you found one.
> Were you still looking for an IDE drive? I found a box with some old
> drives the other day, not sure what sizes are there but I can have a
> look if you want to do a trade.

Ray! That's right.

Yes, I'm still looking for an IDE HDD with larger capacity than the 80GB
ones I have. As I said in my post, I have a good external enclosure that I
got cheaply as IDE is so last millenium. <g>

My email's shaun.at.pukekohe and those nice people at Google provide me with
the account. Gmail.com, preceeded by an ampersand. (The word .at. in my
username confounds some people who try to replace it with an ampersand, with
no luck of course.)

Cheers,
--
Shaun.

cozy little classification in the DSM."
David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)

Mike Dee

~misfit~ wrote:

> My email's shaun.at.pukekohe and those nice people at Google
> provide me with the account. Gmail.com, preceeded by an ampersand.
> (The word .at. in my username confounds some people who try to
> replace it with an ampersand, with no luck of course.)

I got confused when you wrote "ampersand" (&) and not "monkey tail" (@)
preceded by those nice... see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/At_sign

You prolly ment "ampersat"

--
dee

Mike Dee

Mike Dee wrote:

> I got confused when you wrote "ampersand" (&) and not "monkey
> tail" (@) preceded by those nice... see:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/At_sign
>
> You prolly ment "ampersat"

Oops. Not trying to seem like a "grammar nazi". Had a beer or three
when posting. :-~

--
dee

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Mike Dee wrote:
> Mike Dee wrote:
>
>> I got confused when you wrote "ampersand" (&) and not "monkey
>> tail" (@) preceded by those nice... see:
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/At_sign
>>
>> You prolly ment "ampersat"

> Oops. Not trying to seem like a "grammar nazi". Had a beer or three
> when posting. :-~

Thanks. I learned it 40 years ago in an English Grammar school and
remembered it as 'ampersand'. By following your Wiki URL I now see that I've
been wrong all of these years (or at least since email came in and I racked
my brain to think of what it was called). I see that it's actually called an
'asperand' and that I got confused with the '&' (back in the early 90s when
I was trying to remember what I'd learned at school 20+ years before), which
as you righly point out is correctly called an ampersand.

Now, I just have to hope that, in the meantime I haven't made too big an
arse of myself (just talking about this mistake at the moment, not all of
the other possible reasons...).

Thanks. Now I've just got to try to teach my aged, drug-addled brain not to
say or write 'ampersand' when in fact I mean 'asperand'. S'funny how I can
(mostly) remember things from ~40 years ago clearly but have trouble
remembering things from day-to-day, or learning new stuff. I guess taking
opioid analgesics several times a day (including time-release concoctions
thereof) will do that to you.

Cheers,
--
Shaun.

cozy little classification in the DSM."
David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)

Bruce Sinclair

In article <jmj4io$9j7$(E-Mail Removed)>, "~misfit~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
(snip)

>Thanks. Now I've just got to try to teach my aged, drug-addled brain not to
>say or write 'ampersand' when in fact I mean 'asperand'. S'funny how I can
>(mostly) remember things from ~40 years ago clearly but have trouble
>remembering things from day-to-day, or learning new stuff. I guess taking
>opioid analgesics several times a day (including time-release concoctions
>thereof) will do that to you.

So will age and dementia.

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Bruce Sinclair wrote:
> In article <jmj4io$9j7$(E-Mail Removed)>, "~misfit~"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote: (snip)
>
>> Thanks. Now I've just got to try to teach my aged, drug-addled brain
>> not to say or write 'ampersand' when in fact I mean 'asperand'.
>> S'funny how I can (mostly) remember things from ~40 years ago
>> clearly but have trouble remembering things from day-to-day, or
>> learning new stuff. I guess taking opioid analgesics several times a
>> day (including time-release concoctions thereof) will do that to you.

> So will age and dementia.

Yeah, you're right. It's all downhill from here.

Who're you then?

--

In article <jmlf7r$65p$(E-Mail Removed)>, "~misfit~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Somewhere on teh intarwebs Bruce Sinclair wrote:
>> In article <jmj4io$9j7$(E-Mail Removed)>, "~misfit~"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote: (snip)
>>> Thanks. Now I've just got to try to teach my aged, drug-addled brain
>>> not to say or write 'ampersand' when in fact I mean 'asperand'.
>>> S'funny how I can (mostly) remember things from ~40 years ago
>>> clearly but have trouble remembering things from day-to-day, or
>>> learning new stuff. I guess taking opioid analgesics several times a
>>> day (including time-release concoctions thereof) will do that to you.

>> So will age and dementia.

>Yeah, you're right. It's all downhill from here.

I hear it's all downhill (physically) from about 25

>Who're you then?

eeehhh ? What ? ... speak up ! .... <exit stage left, muttering> ...
young whippersnapper !

Mike Dee

~misfit~ wrote:

> Thanks. Now I've just got to try to teach my aged, drug-addled
> brain not to say or write 'ampersand' when in fact I mean
> 'asperand'. S'funny how I can (mostly) remember things from ~40
> years ago clearly but have trouble remembering things from
> day-to-day, or learning new stuff. I guess taking opioid
> analgesics several times a day (including time-release concoctions
> thereof) will do that to you.

Well I'm still embarrassed for bringing it up. Anyway I can't talk, I
barely recall what I had for dinner last night - and I cooked it!

Mind you, if you had to choose between ampersand & asperand I can see
how they can easily blur. I hadn't heard of the term asperand until I
saw that Wikipedea page, I can only recall ever knowing it as that
"At" sign or symbol (its probably easier on my feeble brain too).

--
dee