Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Re: Mozilla (Firefox 1.0 PR) DOES NOT SORT BOOKMARKS (& Lame SoundEffects)!!!

Re: Mozilla (Firefox 1.0 PR) DOES NOT SORT BOOKMARKS (& Lame SoundEffects)!!!

John David Galt

****ed At Firefox wrote:
> You cannot sort bookmarks in the bookmarks menu unless you put them all
> within folders. I DO NOT WANT TO DO THAT.

Bookmarks do -- and should -- stay in the order you put them in manually.
Automatic sorting would be a bad thing.

Sean Heeger

John David Galt wrote:

> ****ed At Firefox wrote:
>
>> You cannot sort bookmarks in the bookmarks menu unless you put them
>> all within folders. I DO NOT WANT TO DO THAT.

> Bookmarks do -- and should -- stay in the order you put them in manually.
> Automatic sorting would be a bad thing.

I think being able to sort your bookmarks alphabetically would be a good
option. How difficult would that be to implement in future versions?

David Harrison

On 9/29/2004 9:42 PM, John David Galt said:

> Bookmarks do -- and should -- stay in the order you put them in manually.
> Automatic sorting would be a bad thing.

With respect, I think you should be given the choice. When I have a
bucketload of research links in my bookmarks and return to them months
later, it's easier to pick through them if they're sorted. The order in
which they're added doesn't matter to me.

cheers,

David

Galen

On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 22:59:40 -0500, Sean Heeger
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>John David Galt wrote:
>
>> ****ed At Firefox wrote:
>>
>>> You cannot sort bookmarks in the bookmarks menu unless you put them
>>> all within folders. I DO NOT WANT TO DO THAT.

>> Bookmarks do -- and should -- stay in the order you put them in manually.
>> Automatic sorting would be a bad thing.

>I think being able to sort your bookmarks alphabetically would be a good
> option. How difficult would that be to implement in future versions?

There's an extension that does it. If you implement it as an extension
you can please both camps.

http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=102

Regards

Bob

Remove "x" from address to reply by email