Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Cheap 500GB Dual Tuner PVR

Cheap 500GB Dual Tuner PVR

Frank Williams

Yes JB-HiFi is selling the DishTV T1050 500GB HD and has dual tuners
for $298 free delivery SALE up to the 18th

Tried to get the same price from Harvey Norman told No, as they would
be loosing $100, this goes against what they have told me in the past
that they would match any other price, and it was from a sales man that
I know, there list is $444

So tried Noel Leeming here done deal no problem.

So how come..?

I think that people should be warned about buying the Tivo as suport has
stoped and no Freeview guide from forums that I have read, uses the
Internet to get its EPG, plus its $299 with only a 320GB HD..

Gordon

On 2012-04-07, Frank Williams <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Yes JB-HiFi is selling the DishTV T1050 500GB HD and has dual tuners
> for $298 free delivery SALE up to the 18th
>
> Tried to get the same price from Harvey Norman told No, as they would
> be loosing $100, this goes against what they have told me in the past
> that they would match any other price, and it was from a sales man that
> I know, there list is $444
>
> So tried Noel Leeming here done deal no problem.
>
> So how come..?

They reckon the Price is right. They (Noel Leeming) are willing to accept
your offer.

> I think that people should be warned about buying the Tivo as suport has
> stoped and no Freeview guide from forums that I have read, uses the
> Internet to get its EPG, plus its $299 with only a 320GB HD..

Thanks for doing that Frank.

Frank Williams

On Sun, 08 Apr 2012 07:42:10 +1200, Mutley
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Frank Williams <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Yes JB-HiFi is selling the DishTV T1050 500GB HD and has dual tuners
>>for $298 free delivery SALE up to the 18th
>>
>>Tried to get the same price from Harvey Norman told No, as they would
>>be loosing $100, this goes against what they have told me in the past
>>that they would match any other price, and it was from a sales man that
>>I know, there list is $444
>>
>>So tried Noel Leeming here done deal no problem.
>>
>>So how come..?
>>

>>I think that people should be warned about buying the Tivo as suport has
>>stoped and no Freeview guide from forums that I have read, uses the
>>Internet to get its EPG, plus its $299 with only a 320GB HD..
>>

>I a friend of mine's experience with a Dish STB is anything to go by I
>would steer clear of it. She went thru 2 Dish STBs in 6 months before
>she got her money back and bought another brand which has been rock
>solid. I would go with the TiVo. I have one and it's good..

Tivo is no longer supported and is Not Freeview approved, I all ready
stated that..

TIVO IS A BIG NO !

Frank Williams

On Mon, 09 Apr 2012 09:02:55 +1200, Mutley
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Frank Williams <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 08 Apr 2012 07:42:10 +1200, Mutley
>><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>>I a friend of mine's experience with a Dish STB is anything to go by I
>>>would steer clear of it. She went thru 2 Dish STBs in 6 months before
>>>she got her money back and bought another brand which has been rock
>>>solid. I would go with the TiVo. I have one and it's good..

>>Tivo is no longer supported and is Not Freeview approved, I all ready
>>stated that..
>>

>>TIVO IS A BIG NO !

>Frank. Do you know what Freeview approved means?? It means that you
>can't pickup non FV channels.

THERE ARE NO OTHER FTA CHANNELS UNLESS YOU ARE REFERING TO A SATELLITE
RECEPTION.

>It means you can't backup recorded
>content. In short it's just another control freak set of
>regulations.

COPYRIGHT LAWS

>TiVo is fine and it is still supported. Not sure where you got that
>info from that's it not..

AS YOU SEEM TO BE NOT IN THIS WORLD, TIVO IS DEAD DEAD AND NO LONGER HAS
ANY SUPPORT, PLUS NO FREEVIEW GUIDE YOU HAVE TO HAVE A INTENET
CONNECTION TO GET A NONE STANDARD GUIDE.

SEEM THAT YOU ARE NOT HONEST TO YOURSELF THAT YOU BROUGHT A LEMON.

THAT IS WHY THEY ARE CLEARING OUT THE BOXES DEAD CHEAP.

Gordon

On 2012-04-08, Mutley <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Frank Williams <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 08 Apr 2012 07:42:10 +1200, Mutley
>><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>>I a friend of mine's experience with a Dish STB is anything to go by I
>>>would steer clear of it. She went thru 2 Dish STBs in 6 months before
>>>she got her money back and bought another brand which has been rock
>>>solid. I would go with the TiVo. I have one and it's good..

>>Tivo is no longer supported and is Not Freeview approved, I all ready
>>stated that..
>>

>>TIVO IS A BIG NO !

> Frank. Do you know what Freeview approved means?? It means that you
> can't pickup non FV channels. It means you can't backup recorded
> content. In short it's just another control freak set of
> regulations.

And yet I understood it was nothing more than a virtual brand to help people
go digital.

> TiVo is fine and it is still supported. Not sure where you got that
> info from that's it not..

This is another matter in which you may be correct.

Gordon

On 2012-04-08, Frank Williams <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
[snip]

> AS YOU SEEM TO BE NOT IN THIS WORLD, TIVO IS DEAD DEAD AND NO LONGER HAS
> ANY SUPPORT, PLUS NO FREEVIEW GUIDE YOU HAVE TO HAVE A INTENET
> CONNECTION TO GET A NONE STANDARD GUIDE.
>
> SEEM THAT YOU ARE NOT HONEST TO YOURSELF THAT YOU BROUGHT A LEMON.
>
> THAT IS WHY THEY ARE CLEARING OUT THE BOXES DEAD CHEAP.

BABYMASH, is that you?

Richard

On 4/9/2012 11:29 AM, Frank Williams wrote:
> On Mon, 09 Apr 2012 09:02:55 +1200, Mutley
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Frank Williams<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> Tivo is no longer supported and is Not Freeview approved, I all ready
>>> stated that..
>>>

>>> TIVO IS A BIG NO !

>> Frank. Do you know what Freeview approved means?? It means that you
>> can't pickup non FV channels.

> THERE ARE NO OTHER FTA CHANNELS UNLESS YOU ARE REFERING TO A SATELLITE
> RECEPTION.

There was for some time some asian channels being broadcast from the
skytower on another mux - as it is a JDA site and free of the kordia
monopoly that all the other sites have.

No idea if it is still going. Also one of the hick town broadcasters in
the south island was talking about going digital but from another site
so stuffing up anyone that wanted to actually aim their antenna.

Just because there is no other digital now doesnt mean that it will not
be coming.

>> It means you can't backup recorded
>> content. In short it's just another control freak set of
>> regulations.

> COPYRIGHT LAWS

No, place shifting is fully legit. You can take a VHS with you to
whereever and watch it. It is like the no 1080 analog output
requirements, just BS from the broadcasters who should have no say in
the matter.

>> TiVo is fine and it is still supported. Not sure where you got that
>> info from that's it not..

> AS YOU SEEM TO BE NOT IN THIS WORLD, TIVO IS DEAD DEAD AND NO LONGER HAS
> ANY SUPPORT, PLUS NO FREEVIEW GUIDE YOU HAVE TO HAVE A INTENET
> CONNECTION TO GET A NONE STANDARD GUIDE.
>
> SEEM THAT YOU ARE NOT HONEST TO YOURSELF THAT YOU BROUGHT A LEMON.
>
> THAT IS WHY THEY ARE CLEARING OUT THE BOXES DEAD CHEAP.

Hmm, a propper guide instead of the preschool targeted low res piece of
crap MHEG guide - sounds like a great idea.

Frank Williams

On Mon, 09 Apr 2012 19:07:40 +1200, Mutley
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Frank Williams <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 09 Apr 2012 09:02:55 +1200, Mutley
>><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>>Frank. Do you know what Freeview approved means?? It means that you
>>>can't pickup non FV channels.

>>THERE ARE NO OTHER FTA CHANNELS UNLESS YOU ARE REFERING TO A SATELLITE
>>RECEPTION.
>>
>>>It means you can't backup recorded
>>>content. In short it's just another control freak set of
>>>regulations.

>> COPYRIGHT LAWS
>>
>>>TiVo is fine and it is still supported. Not sure where you got that
>>>info from that's it not..

>>AS YOU SEEM TO BE NOT IN THIS WORLD, TIVO IS DEAD DEAD AND NO LONGER HAS
>>ANY SUPPORT, PLUS NO FREEVIEW GUIDE YOU HAVE TO HAVE A INTENET
>>CONNECTION TO GET A NONE STANDARD GUIDE.
>>
>>SEEM THAT YOU ARE NOT HONEST TO YOURSELF THAT YOU BROUGHT A LEMON.
>>
>>THAT IS WHY THEY ARE CLEARING OUT THE BOXES DEAD CHEAP.
>>

>Frank. Y our a ****wit and I give up. For what it's worth in
>Auckland there are at least 6 non FV DTT channels that I can pick up
>on my non FV approved STB. Try and pick those up on your so called FV
>approved TV or STB. They won't be there..
>
>Also . TiVo allows you to copy via a network package content to and
>from you TiVo set. If this was "Copyright Laws" as you put it don't
>you think that the MPAA and FBI would not have closed them down by
>now?? Most likely they would have raided every registered TiVo
>network package user as well.
>
>Guess your just ****ed off because you didn't get a $199 TiVo..

As I thought all along you just dont know a thing.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Frank Williams <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 09 Apr 2012 09:02:55 +1200, Mutley
>><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>>Frank. Do you know what Freeview approved means?? It means that you
>>>can't pickup non FV channels.

>>THERE ARE NO OTHER FTA CHANNELS UNLESS YOU ARE REFERING TO A SATELLITE
>>RECEPTION.
>>
>>>It means you can't backup recorded
>>>content. In short it's just another control freak set of
>>>regulations.

>> COPYRIGHT LAWS
>>
>>>TiVo is fine and it is still supported. Not sure where you got that
>>>info from that's it not..

>>AS YOU SEEM TO BE NOT IN THIS WORLD, TIVO IS DEAD DEAD AND NO LONGER HAS
>>ANY SUPPORT, PLUS NO FREEVIEW GUIDE YOU HAVE TO HAVE A INTENET
>>CONNECTION TO GET A NONE STANDARD GUIDE.
>>
>>SEEM THAT YOU ARE NOT HONEST TO YOURSELF THAT YOU BROUGHT A LEMON.
>>
>>THAT IS WHY THEY ARE CLEARING OUT THE BOXES DEAD CHEAP.
>>

>Frank. Y our a ****wit and I give up. For what it's worth in
>Auckland there are at least 6 non FV DTT channels that I can pick up
>on my non FV approved STB. Try and pick those up on your so called FV
>approved TV or STB. They won't be there..

Yes but I don't live in that Crap City with all its Pollution.

The only extra CH is TV33 here on a simple DTV USB stick, the only
thing I have seen here are 2 OTA cannel's and a MEHEG test one.

>Also . TiVo allows you to copy via a network package content to and

Yes but only in SD

>from you TiVo set. If this was "Copyright Laws" as you put it don't
>you think that the MPAA and FBI would not have closed them down by
>now?? Most likely they would have raided every registered TiVo
>network package user as well.
>
>Guess your just ****ed off because you didn't get a $199 TiVo..

No you have been ****ed on for having one..

Frank Williams

On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 12:23:50 +1200, Mutlley <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Frank Williams <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>>Also . TiVo allows you to copy via a network package content to and

>>Yes but only in SD
>>

>Wrong. Hd as well..

A mate has just confirmed it, only to a Tivo not to a PC..

Where are you getting your info from as you are Totally Wrong.

PVR TV Tuner Cards John Computer Information 1 12-30-2007 05:01 AM
tv tuner/PVR cards gadjo DVD Video 23 02-20-2007 07:32 PM
64 bit PVR & TV Tuner Card update =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBTY2h1ZXBiYWNo?= Windows 64bit 3 10-20-2006 04:50 AM
TV Tuner & PVR update =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBTY2h1ZXBiYWNo?= Windows 64bit 5 10-19-2006 05:07 AM
TV Tuner & PVR update =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBTY2h1ZXBiYWNo?= Windows 64bit 0 10-16-2006 06:33 PM

Advertisments