Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > How to dump - linkedin ?

How to dump - linkedin ?

Loony

Does anyone know how to dump the link below?
It seems to be a disease on my TBird.

Thanks

http://www.linkedin.com

Paul

Loony wrote:
> Does anyone know how to dump the link below?
> It seems to be a disease on my TBird.
>
> Thanks
>

> http://www.linkedin.com

It's a matter of playing Twenty Questions.

Is it bigger than a bread box ?

Where exactly on your screen, do you see this ?

Are you receiving email from them ?

We're not mind readers you know...

Paul

Loony

On 06/04/2012 19:28, Paul wrote:
> Loony wrote:
>> Does anyone know how to dump the link below?
>> It seems to be a disease on my TBird.
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>> http://www.linkedin.com

> It's a matter of playing Twenty Questions.
>
> Is it bigger than a bread box ?
>
> Where exactly on your screen, do you see this ?

I saw it first as a post in TBird and it looks somewhat
similar to what you would see after clicking on the
http://www.linkedin.com

> Are you receiving email from them ?

Yes, I am and I don't want them. The contents are of no
interest to me and I cannot find a means of blocking it
from TBird.

> We're not mind readers you know...

Yes, Paul but does that not exercise the brain

> Paul

Paul

Loony wrote:
> On 06/04/2012 19:28, Paul wrote:
>> Loony wrote:
>>> Does anyone know how to dump the link below?
>>> It seems to be a disease on my TBird.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>

>>> http://www.linkedin.com

>> It's a matter of playing Twenty Questions.
>>
>> Is it bigger than a bread box ?
>>
>> Where exactly on your screen, do you see this ?

> I saw it first as a post in TBird and it looks somewhat
> similar to what you would see after clicking on the
> http://www.linkedin.com
>
>> Are you receiving email from them ?

> Yes, I am and I don't want them. The contents are of no
> interest to me and I cannot find a means of blocking it
> from TBird.
>
>> We're not mind readers you know...

> Yes, Paul but does that not exercise the brain
>
>> Paul

I'll assume the linkedin.com emails are invites. If you're in
Thunderbird, while viewing such a message in your Inbox, you can use
Message : Create Filter From Message and simply have everything
associated with linkedin.com tossed as spam. Usually, a modern
email client, will have filtering capability, and you can use
the message you've received as a template to reject future
messages.

That would be easier, than figuring out who is sending you invites,
and getting them to stop.

Paul

Jeff Strickland

"Loony" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone know how to dump the link below?
> It seems to be a disease on my TBird.
>
> Thanks
>

> http://www.linkedin.com

Somebody is inviting you to join. The invite will go away, but you can
easily delete it when it appears in your inbox.

Loony

On 06/04/2012 19:28, Paul wrote:
> Loony wrote:
>> Does anyone know how to dump the link below?
>> It seems to be a disease on my TBird.
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>> http://www.linkedin.com

> It's a matter of playing Twenty Questions.
>
> Is it bigger than a bread box ?
>
> Where exactly on your screen, do you see this ?

I saw it first as a post in TBird and it looks somewhat
similar to what you would see after clicking on the
http://www.linkedin.com

> Are you receiving email from them ?

Yes, I am and I don't want them. The contents are of no
interest to me and I cannot find a means of blocking it
from TBird.

> We're not mind readers you know...

Yes Paul, but does that not exercise the brain

> Paul

Jeff Strickland

"Loony" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> > Are you receiving email from them ?

> Yes, I am and I don't want them. The contents are of no
> interest to me and I cannot find a means of blocking it
> from TBird.

It's called junk mail. Delete it. Set a Message Rule that says, IF THE
SENDER IS <WHOMEVER>, DELETE THE MESSAGE. This really is not rocket science.
And, it is not a ThunderBird issue, you would get the same messages from any
e-mail client that you used to retreive messages from any of your inboxes.

Loony

Hlo Xprts

I am trying to connect my Samsung N150 to the Internet and am having
problems. I haven't done this for a while, so I'm rusty. My main
computer's DSL was connected to the Internet and I moved the cable to
the N150.

A USB cable connects both N150 and the D-Link modem. In same way the
LAN cable is connected to both and the LAN light keeps flickering on the
modem. Other lights are steady.

The DSL socket of the N150 is connected to the DSL phone line, which
should be ok.

Suggestions appreciated.