Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Software > VOB files

VOB files

billgetty1 billgetty1 is offline
Junior Member

I produce youtube vids using a mini-DVD video camera. I extract the VOB files from the dvd and use a file converter to avi or mpeg or any format that Windows Moviemaker will accept. i run windows 7 but i downloaded wmm 2.6, not the ideal product but that is another story.

although the conversion process is slow and cumbersome problems are minimal. i use "Any Video Converter" which is a free download. recently i produced a 30 plus minute dvd that plays perfectly well on realplayer and windows media player. Problems ensue when i try to convert the file to avi, mpeg or mpeg2. Portions of the files are deleted.

note that my only dvd's are the ones i produce. i am not trying to decrypt copyrighted material. only material i have produced.

how can i convert files without losing material?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

William J Getty