Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Follow up to Lytro

Follow up to Lytro

philo

On 03/30/2012 05:21 PM, Alan Browne wrote:
> On 2012-03-30 17:47 , philo wrote:

>>> I just posted a link to a living image, you can play with the focus
>>> there

>> here is another I just uploaded
>>

>> https://pictures.lytro.com/lytrouser...pictures/67941

> Harder to get that one to focus out far - seems to select the raindrops
> on the windshield. Neat effect though.

Yes, due to the rain and the windshield the focus on the buildings was
not that great...the photo was mostly for demonstration purposes

--
https://www.createspace.com/3707686

James Silverton

On 3/30/2012 11:26 PM, philo wrote:
> On 03/30/2012 05:21 PM, Alan Browne wrote:

>>> here is another I just uploaded
>>>

>>> https://pictures.lytro.com/lytrouser...pictures/67941

>> Harder to get that one to focus out far - seems to select the raindrops
>> on the windshield. Neat effect though.
>>

> Yes, due to the rain and the windshield the focus on the buildings was
> not that great...the photo was mostly for demonstration purposes

I find the same problem but I think it's neat too. You've got me looking
carefully at my bank account Perhaps, not yet tho'.

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not" in Reply To.

philo

On 03/31/2012 07:57 AM, James Silverton wrote:
> On 3/30/2012 11:26 PM, philo wrote:

>> Yes, due to the rain and the windshield the focus on the buildings was
>> not that great...the photo was mostly for demonstration purposes
>>

> I find the same problem but I think it's neat too. You've got me looking
> carefully at my bank account Perhaps, not yet tho'.

Hey...start saving now

I bet that in a year the camera will only get better and cheaper.

As I may have mentioned here with the money I saved by not buying a new
refrigerator I had plenty of money left over for the Lytro.

My wife is not too happy about the magnets I've taped to the top of the
refrigerator to hold the doors closed...but what the heck.
She does like the Lytro!

--
https://www.createspace.com/3707686

Inside the Lytro charles Digital Photography 1 03-01-2012 09:06 AM
Lytro Cameras James Silverton Digital Photography 9 02-09-2012 06:21 PM
Amazed at news penetration of that infinite focus camera the Lytro RichA Digital Photography 15 11-03-2011 01:34 PM
Lytro philo Digital Photography 12 11-01-2011 10:07 PM
Lytro Camera Eric Miller Digital Photography 2 08-08-2011 08:46 PM

Advertisments