Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: Site update

Re: Site update

Doug Miller

Alan_Smith <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Instead of the table, creating css based website is the best option
> because it will help to reduce the size of the HTML document which will
> indirectly help to reduce the level of the bounce rate.

If you really want your advice to be taken seriously in an HTML newsgroup, then you should
either stop touting a URL for web design services which shows SIXTY ONE ERRORS -- or fix
them.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Doug Miller wrote:

> Alan_Smith <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Instead of the table, creating css based website is the best option
>> because it will help to reduce the size of the HTML document which will
>> indirectly help to reduce the level of the bounce rate.

> If you really want your advice to be taken seriously in an HTML
> newsgroup, then you should either stop touting a URL for web design
> services which shows SIXTY ONE ERRORS -- or fix them.

He's been given that advice in the past, and refused to acknowledge it.
The sites in the portfolio aren't any better.

Have you looked at his site with JavaScript disabled? It's a hoot!

--
-bts

Doug Miller

"Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:jl2073$ojd$1
@dont-email.me:

> Doug Miller wrote:
>
>> Alan_Smith <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> Instead of the table, creating css based website is the best option
>>> because it will help to reduce the size of the HTML document which will
>>> indirectly help to reduce the level of the bounce rate.

>> If you really want your advice to be taken seriously in an HTML
>> newsgroup, then you should either stop touting a URL for web design
>> services which shows SIXTY ONE ERRORS -- or fix them.

> He's been given that advice in the past, and refused to acknowledge it.
> The sites in the portfolio aren't any better.
>
> Have you looked at his site with JavaScript disabled? It's a hoot!

Oh, dear Lord, what a mess. And this clown thinks he's competent to instruct *others* in web
design???

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Doug Miller wrote:

> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
>> Doug Miller wrote:
>>>
>>> If you really want your advice to be taken seriously in an HTML
>>> newsgroup, then you should either stop touting a URL for web design
>>> services which shows SIXTY ONE ERRORS -- or fix them.

>> He's been given that advice in the past, and refused to acknowledge it.
>> The sites in the portfolio aren't any better.
>>
>> Have you looked at his site with JavaScript disabled? It's a hoot!
>>

> Oh, dear Lord, what a mess. And this clown thinks he's competent to
> instruct *others* in web design???

Yes, and I can't figure out if that is the funny part, or the sad part.

BTW, I wonder what is "the level of the bounce rate" ?

--
-bts

Gene Wirchenko

On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 22:20:38 +0000 (UTC), "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Doug Miller wrote:

[snip]

>> Oh, dear Lord, what a mess. And this clown thinks he's competent to
>> instruct *others* in web design???

>Yes, and I can't figure out if that is the funny part, or the sad part.

I suggest that it is the sad part. One of the biggest problems I
have with learning HTML and JavaScript is how much garbage there is
out there.

[snip]

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko