Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Forums and iPad

Forums and iPad

nof

Who owns the forums of various programs? It takes time to register and
I get sick of the procedure. (Yes I know the plural of forums!)
Ideally the prgs should work according to the directions. There is
often something like a missing word preventing access. While on the
forums I don't think they are as easy to use or as entertaining as a
the newsgroups.

ipad and itunes are challenging. For some obscure reason nearly all my
music disappeared from ipad and some returned to the computer. Now the
itunes music library is partially skint. It won't sync the contents of
the music library of itunes to ipad. I am going to put the CDs on
again. 2 days trying to understand why is enough. Sometimes I despair
over computers. They are meant to HELP not to frustrate. When I
started in the '80s there was more help and we could pass on our
skills. People age and computers demand more. Someone under 10 years
could probably move the music to the iTunes music library and then
back to the ipad!

Any help at any age is to be appreciated

nof

Frank Williams

On Mon, 26 Mar 2012 20:23:43 -0700 (PDT), nof <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Who owns the forums of various programs? It takes time to register and
>I get sick of the procedure. (Yes I know the plural of forums!)
>Ideally the prgs should work according to the directions. There is
>often something like a missing word preventing access. While on the
>forums I don't think they are as easy to use or as entertaining as a
>the newsgroups.
>
>ipad and itunes are challenging. For some obscure reason nearly all my
>music disappeared from ipad and some returned to the computer. Now the
>itunes music library is partially skint. It won't sync the contents of
>the music library of itunes to ipad. I am going to put the CDs on
>again. 2 days trying to understand why is enough. Sometimes I despair
>over computers. They are meant to HELP not to frustrate. When I
>started in the '80s there was more help and we could pass on our
>skills. People age and computers demand more. Someone under 10 years
>could probably move the music to the iTunes music library and then
>back to the ipad!
>
>Any help at any age is to be appreciated
>
>nof

I thought that iPads are tosters, this is a computer group.

Frank Williams

On Mon, 26 Mar 2012 20:23:43 -0700 (PDT), nof <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Who owns the forums of various programs? It takes time to register and
>I get sick of the procedure. (Yes I know the plural of forums!)
>Ideally the prgs should work according to the directions. There is
>often something like a missing word preventing access. While on the
>forums I don't think they are as easy to use or as entertaining as a
>the newsgroups.
>
>ipad and itunes are challenging. For some obscure reason nearly all my
>music disappeared from ipad and some returned to the computer. Now the
>itunes music library is partially skint. It won't sync the contents of
>the music library of itunes to ipad. I am going to put the CDs on
>again. 2 days trying to understand why is enough. Sometimes I despair
>over computers. They are meant to HELP not to frustrate. When I
>started in the '80s there was more help and we could pass on our
>skills. People age and computers demand more. Someone under 10 years
>could probably move the music to the iTunes music library and then
>back to the ipad!
>
>Any help at any age is to be appreciated
>
>nof

News group fo Toasters

comp.mobile.ipad

Tom Sherren

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, nof <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Who owns the forums of various programs? It takes time to register and
>I get sick of the procedure. (Yes I know the plural of forums!)
>Ideally the prgs should work according to the directions. There is
>often something like a missing word preventing access. While on the
>forums I don't think they are as easy to use or as entertaining as a
>the newsgroups.
>
>ipad and itunes are challenging. For some obscure reason nearly all my
>music disappeared from ipad and some returned to the computer. Now the
>itunes music library is partially skint. It won't sync the contents of
>the music library of itunes to ipad. I am going to put the CDs on
>again. 2 days trying to understand why is enough. Sometimes I despair
>over computers. They are meant to HELP not to frustrate. When I
>started in the '80s there was more help and we could pass on our
>skills. People age and computers demand more. Someone under 10 years
>could probably move the music to the iTunes music library and then
>back to the ipad!
>
>Any help at any age is to be appreciated
>
>nof

Any Apple Stores in NZ? I have found the "genius bar" pretty helpful.

Otherwise consider an outlet that specializes in Apple products?

Or look at comp.mobile,ipad .

And of course, if you can narrow down the symptoms, Google is your friend.

And finally, if you are in CHCH God bless!

Gordon

On 2012-03-27, Frank Williams <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> News group fo Toasters
>

> comp.mobile.ipad

Two points

1) Only applies to the ipad3
2) Thet are heat pads not toasters.

victor

On 27/03/2012 4:23 p.m., nof wrote:
> Who owns the forums of various programs? It takes time to register and
> I get sick of the procedure. (Yes I know the plural of forums!)
> Ideally the prgs should work according to the directions. There is
> often something like a missing word preventing access. While on the
> forums I don't think they are as easy to use or as entertaining as a
> the newsgroups.
>
> ipad and itunes are challenging. For some obscure reason nearly all my
> music disappeared from ipad and some returned to the computer. Now the
> itunes music library is partially skint. It won't sync the contents of
> the music library of itunes to ipad. I am going to put the CDs on
> again. 2 days trying to understand why is enough. Sometimes I despair
> over computers. They are meant to HELP not to frustrate. When I
> started in the '80s there was more help and we could pass on our
> skills. People age and computers demand more. Someone under 10 years
> could probably move the music to the iTunes music library and then
> back to the ipad!
>
> Any help at any age is to be appreciated
>
> nof

Go to the Device Summary tab and tick manually manage music and videos.
Then drag and drop your CDs to the ipad device in the left column.
either from itunes or from the windows folder.

David Empson

Gordon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On 2012-03-27, Frank Williams <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> > News group fo Toasters
> >
> > comp.mobile.ipad

> Two points
>
> 1) Only applies to the ipad3
> 2) Thet are heat pads not toasters.

Having played with a friend's one (just after it had been working hard),
I wouldn't call it a "toaster". It gets slightly warm to the touch.
Notebook computers get much warmer.

--
David Empson

Frank Williams

On 27 Mar 2012 07:26:57 GMT, Gordon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 2012-03-27, Frank Williams <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>> News group fo Toasters
>>

>> comp.mobile.ipad

>Two points
>
>1) Only applies to the ipad3
>2) Thet are heat pads not toasters.

Yes Gordon I know I was having a stir, I can see any reason for them
far to many limitations..

Enkidu

On 27/03/12 20:26, Gordon wrote:
> On 2012-03-27, Frank Williams<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>> News group fo Toasters
>>

>> comp.mobile.ipad

> Two points
>
> 1) Only applies to the ipad3
> 2) Thet are heat pads not toasters.

Google for 'sterile' and 'iPad' and you will get over 5,000,000 hits.

Cheers,

Cliff

The end excuses any evil - Sophocles

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarwebs nof wrote:
> Who owns the forums of various programs? It takes time to register and
> I get sick of the procedure. (Yes I know the plural of forums!)

Forumses?
--
Shaun.

cozy little classification in the DSM."