Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > vb: is there a function to capitolize each word in a string?

vb: is there a function to capitolize each word in a string?

MattB

I used to use the Proper() function in VFP quite a bit. Very handy. Is
there an equivalent in vb.net or do I need to do it by forcing each
first letter to upper case and subsequent letters to lower? Thanks!

Matt

Rick

Try This:

StrConv("TEXT HERE", VbStrConv.ProperCase)

"MattB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I used to use the Proper() function in VFP quite a bit. Very handy. Is
> there an equivalent in vb.net or do I need to do it by forcing each
> first letter to upper case and subsequent letters to lower? Thanks!
>
> Matt

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Hi Matt,

You can get this in the TextInfo.ToTitleCase Method in the
System.Globalization Namespace.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...ecasetopic.asp

Ken
Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]
Toronto

"MattB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I used to use the Proper() function in VFP quite a bit. Very handy. Is
>there an equivalent in vb.net or do I need to do it by forcing each first
>letter to upper case and subsequent letters to lower? Thanks!
>
> Matt

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Hey Matt,

If you want to do FoxPro stuff in .NET, check the documentation for Visual
FoxPro Toolkit for .NET found here:

http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/vfp/

Ken
Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]
Toronto

"MattB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I used to use the Proper() function in VFP quite a bit. Very handy. Is
>there an equivalent in vb.net or do I need to do it by forcing each first
>letter to upper case and subsequent letters to lower? Thanks!
>
> Matt

MattB

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP] wrote:
> Hey Matt,
>
> If you want to do FoxPro stuff in .NET, check the documentation for
> Visual FoxPro Toolkit for .NET found here:
>
> http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/vfp/
>
> Ken
> Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]
> Toronto
>
> "MattB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> I used to use the Proper() function in VFP quite a bit. Very handy. Is
>> there an equivalent in vb.net or do I need to do it by forcing each
>> first letter to upper case and subsequent letters to lower? Thanks!
>>
>> Matt

Thanks. I'm not really trying to use VFP with .net, that's just where my
background lies.
Thanks for the suggestions. Looks like these will be helpful!

Matt