Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Android email, Outlook 2003, outlook vs. ISP email

Android email, Outlook 2003, outlook vs. ISP email

- Bobb -

Generic question about email interaction these days.
Reason for asking: every few days my tablet will announce that I have ....
27, 39 , 21, 44 ... NEW emails and they are months old. Ones that I HAVE
read and their status yesterday was read - why today are they UNREAD ?
The ( first version of) 'Samsung Tab' tablet is the real reason for my
asking.
That might be enough info to answer, but in case more info needed:
I use Comcast at home and have 6 email accounts there.
My question has to do with the result of messing with the messages on the
various PC's. Starting out:
Laptop has Outlook 2003
Desktop has OE
Tablet has " whatever the app is for email on a Verizon tablet"
On Comcast host let's say I have:
635 total email messages in Inbox
85 in Sent
I connect all of my pc's, they all sync - they all have 635 emails in Inbox
( No preaching please, this is just an example)
Now on host I drag files around. Result
100 emails in Inbox.
85 in Sent
250 in Old ( a folder I move pre 2012 emails to)
and 200 in READ ( stuff I've dragged from Inbox for this year)

Desktop, laptop and android tablet still "see" 635 in Inbox ... right ?
Now, as I use Outlook or OE to organize locally, should it change the host
arrangement ? If not, is the only solution to 'seeing all of my mail on each
device' to leave everything in " INBOX" ? And have it grow and grow and
grow. I know - "delete them you hoarding idiot" ! But there are a LOT of
things going on that I need to be able to access from different sources ( I
travel a lot lately). And having 600+ emails in Inbox is a bit much.
Whenever I connect - especially via tablet would take a LONG time to
sync/reconcile, so that's would LIKE sorting into folders AND having each
device notice it - replicate. When I set up the email on tablet for Comcast
I chose Outlook so I THOUGHT it would be smooth - like a desktop, but
folders on host don't appear