Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > SI - Work - Comments

SI - Work - Comments

Tim Conway

"tony cooper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Conway-(Surveyor): Really?
>
> Conway-(Construction): Archive shot is one thing, but a scan of a 50s
> snapshot is stretching it too much.

Aww c'mon. It was somewhere around 1987 and Kodachrome, (I think). They
were installing pipeline under the highway with an auger - all 3 photos.
Shot with a Minolta X-700 and Vivitar Ser 1 28-90 zoom (I think). Back in
the days when I could climb down the ladder and do all those cool things 200
lbs and 20+ years ago. At the time, I hadn't been into photography all
that long.

> Conway-(Construction2): Ibid.

Walter Banks

I hope he is okay. He did have some health issues

Anybody heard from him in a while. I haven't seen a good political discussion (argument) in months.

Walter Banks

I wasn't really wanting to start an other off topic war.

I realized that I had not heard from him in quite a while.

w..

Savageduck wrote:

> On 2012-03-26 14:25:43 -0700, Walter Banks <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>
> > I hope he is okay. He did have some health issues
> >
> > Anybody heard from him in a while. I haven't seen a good political
> > discussion (argument) in months.

> I know he bought a used D700 some time ago. I think his wife had more
> serious health issues than he did. However, like many of us here, old
> fartdom had descended on him, so anything might have happened. He was
> always seeking out facilities where he could keep company with those
> who had yet to give up smoking, as California had taken that lethal
> pleasure from him with smoking bans and tobacco taxes, and that
> certainly wouldn't do his health much good.
>
> He last posted to the photo groups on 10/24/2011. He was hanging about
> in misc.legal more than the photo groups back then. I have just checked
> there, and his last post to misc.legal was today at 11:07 PDT. So he
> seems to be alive and kicking as much the same Bill we all know.

Walter Banks

Alan Browne wrote:

> On 2012-03-26 17:25 , Walter Banks wrote:
> > I hope he is okay. He did have some health issues
> >
> > Anybody heard from him in a while. I haven't seen a good political discussion (argument) in months.

> Just received an e-mail.
> * * * * *
> Yes, Alan. I am alive and well and still living here in Salem, Oregon.
> It is getting a bit harder for me to keep up with too many hobbies,
> however, so I have settled on playing my flugelhorn for the senior
> citizen dances twice a week, and pretty well stopped messing with
> photography. For one thing, the diabetes is wrecking my macular plane,
> and I am going blind. I can no longer drive at night, so my wife has to
> deliver me to all the evening gigs. It won't be too long before I will
> have to stop driving altogether. Otherwise, my wife and I and our 5 cats
> are doing well, and thanks for asking.....
>
> Bill Graham
> * * * * *
>
> Despite Diabetes and failing eyesight he's active. We can all hope to
> be as positive when health declines.

Attitude can keep him alive, and he still has it.

Thanks

w..

PeterN

On 3/25/2012 8:14 PM, Frank S wrote:

> "PeterN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:4f6f3dad$0$11264$(E-Mail Removed)-secrets.com...
>> On 3/24/2012 2:53 PM, tony cooper wrote:
>>
>> I mostly agree with your comments, but I am too lazy to repeat name
>> and, except where noted I don't have much to add to your comments:
>>

>>> FrankEss-worka: Far too cluttered. No one would ever guess the
>>> subject is "work".

>>> FrankEss-workb: I dunno if this says "work', but it's an interesting
>>> scene.

>> Too me it's a representation of work. Nice presentation of the art of
>> others.
>>

> [...]
>

>> --
>> Peter

> Thank you, Peter.
>
> In my head I could see the sculptor sculpting, which was surely work,
> and it resulted in his work, which worked for me.
>
> My submission notes:
>
> b: A portion of Ricardo Brecedo's "Grape Pickers" welded-steel sculpture
> near Borrego Springs, east San Diego County, California. There are 128
> others of his works to discover and enjoy in the area, including a
> 350-foot-long "Dragon Snake".
>
> a: View (from my front porch) of construction on the community college
> campus. This is about as near as I want to get to "work".
>

> I was - still am - convinced that the orange and green safety vests on
> the site will convey "workers" to the perspicacious; "work" is included
> in "workers", even for (wonder why I no longer see his posts) the
> vaunted appreciator, Tony Cooper.
>

> Any road, I do enjoy looking at photos, and appreciate the effort that
> goes into them. What inhibits my likelihood of submitting? I feel as if
> when I do put up some work, it is possible that some will attract
> comments, and I would then owe comments to the community. I'm too
> slothful to guarantee I will respond, and remain forever in debt.

While I hope for comments, good or bad, i like to share my thoughts with
others. i learn a lot from simply viewing. Comments are a plus, and the
comment lets me know that at least someone is interested enough to look.
Keep participating.

--
Peter

PeterN

On 3/26/2012 7:04 PM, Bowser wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Mar 2012 11:45:19 -0400, PeterN
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>> Bowser-(Adult Club): Anyone who doesn't think the SI can be fun should
>>> see this. What a find!
>>>

>> It would be nice to see more of the workers.
>>

> Talk to my wife. For some unknown reason we never went inside. We did,
> however, see them on the porch later in the day, and some were very
> good looking.
>
> Not that I was looking.

Would your wife talk to me after I encourage you to go inside?
Purely for the advancement of photography, of course?
--
Peter