Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "\\Fped-d3gmp31\c$\Tushar\AAA.txt" is denied.

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "\\Fped-d3gmp31\c$\Tushar\AAA.txt" is denied.

Tushar Shelar

Hi Guys,
I have simple asp.net page that creates a file (On a machine other than the
web server) when the user clicks a button. The code runs fine when I run it
on my local machine(LocalHost). When I copy the web application on a
different web server it give the following error
"System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path
"\\Fped-d3gmp31\c$\Tushar\AAA.txt" is denied.
granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity.
ASP.NET has a base process identity (typically {MACHINE}\ASPNET on IIS 5 or
Network Service on IIS 6) that is used if the application is not
impersonating. If the application is impersonating via <identity
impersonate="true"/>, the identity will be the anonymous user (typically
IUSR_MACHINENAME) or the authenticated request user. ".
The authentication method on the virtual directory is set to Integrated
windows authentication. In my web config I have set <authentication
mode="Windows" /> <identity impersonate="true" />.
I have checked the direcotry permission and the users have rights on the
folder. The folder in which the file is suppose to be created has permission
for "Everyone Full Control".

I have tried everything possible from IIS settings to drectory security
permission but have not been able to resolve this issue. I am suspecting it
to be a trust issue between the machines or code level security issue.
Please advice if any body has encountered a similiar issue as this.

Thanks
Tushar Shelar

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9u?=

I had a prblem like this. I removed impersonate= true from web.confog and it
worked. Worth a go?

Jon

"Tushar Shelar" wrote:

> Hi Guys,
> I have simple asp.net page that creates a file (On a machine other than the
> web server) when the user clicks a button. The code runs fine when I run it
> on my local machine(LocalHost). When I copy the web application on a
> different web server it give the following error
> "System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path
> "\\Fped-d3gmp31\c$\Tushar\AAA.txt" is denied.
> ASP.NET is not authorized to access the requested resource. Consider
> granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity.
> ASP.NET has a base process identity (typically {MACHINE}\ASPNET on IIS 5 or
> Network Service on IIS 6) that is used if the application is not
> impersonating. If the application is impersonating via <identity
> impersonate="true"/>, the identity will be the anonymous user (typically
> IUSR_MACHINENAME) or the authenticated request user. ".
> The authentication method on the virtual directory is set to Integrated
> windows authentication. In my web config I have set <authentication
> mode="Windows" /> <identity impersonate="true" />.
> I have checked the direcotry permission and the users have rights on the
> folder. The folder in which the file is suppose to be created has permission
> for "Everyone Full Control".
>
> I have tried everything possible from IIS settings to drectory security
> permission but have not been able to resolve this issue. I am suspecting it
> to be a trust issue between the machines or code level security issue.
> Please advice if any body has encountered a similiar issue as this.
>
> Thanks
> Tushar Shelar

Tushar Shelar

Thanks, I removed impersonate=true but it did not help
news:(E-Mail Removed)...