Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Clientside validation not working.

Clientside validation not working.

Dennis Calla

I recently moved my app to a hosted environment and the validation
stopped working (i had it on my own webserver). I put an alert in the
validation javascript file so I know it is being called. When a control
fails validation the page dose not post back as expected. But when the
control is valid the postback still is not happening. I put the alert in
the Page_ClientValidate() function and the variable Page_IsValid is true
when the control should be valid and false when it's invalid. Still no
postback. I can provide more info if necessary.

Peter Blum

There is a bug in the client-side scripts of ASP.NET 1.1 SP 1. Please see
this thread:
http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.a...&PostID=739537

--- Peter Blum
www.PeterBlum.com