Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Unusal Session State behavior or Server side validation?

Unusal Session State behavior or Server side validation?

SuperSizeMe

I have an internal intranet site that I have built using asp.net (via VS
..Net 2003). When I launched the site, it was on a windows 2000 server, using
the .Net framework 1.1. Many of the ASPX pages make use of session state to
store variables.

Recently I have moved the site to a new web server that I built. This new
server is a Windows 2003 Std Edt, using .Net Framework 1.1. The ASP Sesssion
state service is running on the server.

However, now most of ASPX pages are no longer working.

Most of my online applications for staff use a single ASPX page. On each
page is a host of panels, all of which are not visible, execpt the initail
panel. As a user works with the app, other panels switch between being
visable/not being visable.

The problem I am having is this.

You initially open the APSX page. You can click on button to begin working
with the application, and the first panel displays ok. After that however,
clicking on any buttons no longer does anything?

Is this a funny a session state problem or soething to do with server side
validation?

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi SuperSizeMe,

Thanks for your posting. As for the problem you mentioned, here is some of
my suggestions:

As you mentioned that you use sessionState to store variables and most of
the page use those Session variables to control the Panel UI layout, yes?
If so, does the strange behavior you encounter is just as if those session
variables are lost or corrupted ?
Anyway, it is recommeded that we first create a simple page to verify
whether it is the sessionstate lost cause the problem.

Also, are you using the Inpro session mode or StateServer mode session?

IF there're any other findings, please feel free to post here also.Thanks.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

Peter Blum

There is a bug in client-side validation scripts for ASP.NET 1.1 SP1 that
prevents the button from submitting. Please see this thread:
http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.a...&PostID=739537

--- Peter Blum
www.PeterBlum.com
http://www.peterblum.com/vam/home.aspx

"SuperSizeMe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%2328Y%23%23P%(E-Mail Removed) ...
>I have an internal intranet site that I have built using asp.net (via VS
>.Net 2003). When I launched the site, it was on a windows 2000 server,
>using the .Net framework 1.1. Many of the ASPX pages make use of session
>state to store variables.
>
> Recently I have moved the site to a new web server that I built. This new
> server is a Windows 2003 Std Edt, using .Net Framework 1.1. The ASP
> Sesssion state service is running on the server.
>
> However, now most of ASPX pages are no longer working.
>
> Most of my online applications for staff use a single ASPX page. On each
> page is a host of panels, all of which are not visible, execpt the initail
> panel. As a user works with the app, other panels switch between being
> visable/not being visable.
>
> The problem I am having is this.
>
> You initially open the APSX page. You can click on button to begin working
> with the application, and the first panel displays ok. After that however,
> clicking on any buttons no longer does anything?
>
> Is this a funny a session state problem or soething to do with server side
> validation?

SuperSizeMe

Thanks for the help.

I resolved the issue (as per Peter Blums suggestion) by re-registering

the client side .net files.

On the server with the problem, run this command:

aspnet_regiis.exe -c

from [windows]\microsoft.net\framework\[version]

Now it works fine.