Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Introducing JS.js

Introducing JS.js

Alexander

announcement of a new JavaScript library (JS.js): http://tatiyants.com/?p=1180

Scott Sauyet

Alexander wrote:
> announcement of a new JavaScript library (JS.js):http://tatiyants.com/?p=1180

While I appreciate the clean API, and I believe it does everything it
claims, I would rather stick with older, more established libararies
such as http://vaporjs.com/ . If nothing else, this new one is more
than 100 time the size of Vapor! [1]

-- Scott

[1] Actually it's a bit more. JS.js is 160 bytes more than 107 times
the size of Vapor.js!

Tim Streater

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)>,
Scott Sauyet <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Alexander wrote:
> > announcement of a new JavaScript library
> > (JS.js):http://tatiyants.com/?p=1180

> While I appreciate the clean API, and I believe it does everything it
> claims, I would rather stick with older, more established libararies
> such as http://vaporjs.com/ . If nothing else, this new one is more
> than 100 time the size of Vapor! [1]

I shall stick to my long-established principle of using no such library
at all.

--
Tim

Scott Sauyet

Tim Streater wrote:
> In article
> <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> *Scott Sauyet <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Alexander wrote:
>>> announcement of a new JavaScript library
>>> (JS.js):http://tatiyants.com/?p=1180

>> While I appreciate the clean API, and I believe it does everything it
>> claims, I would rather stick with older, more established libararies
>> such ashttp://vaporjs.com/. *If nothing else, this new one is more
>> than 100 time the size of Vapor! [1]

> I shall stick to my long-established principle of using no such library
> at all.

The exciting thing about Vapor is that you can have it both ways.
Including it and using it is so much like not having a library that
only you will know you're using it!

-- Scott

-- Scott

Gene Wirchenko

On Mon, 28 Nov 2011 09:07:49 -0800 (PST), Scott Sauyet
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

[snip]

>The exciting thing about Vapor is that you can have it both ways.
>Including it and using it is so much like not having a library that
>only you will know you're using it!

Good joke. (I had to look it up to be sure it was a joke.) I
think that I am definitely feeling Vaporish.

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko

Frobernik

On 28/11/2011 19:14, Gene Wirchenko wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Nov 2011 09:07:49 -0800 (PST), Scott Sauyet
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
>> The exciting thing about Vapor is that you can have it both ways.
>> Including it and using it is so much like not having a library that
>> only you will know you're using it!

> Good joke. (I had to look it up to be sure it was a joke.) I
> think that I am definitely feeling Vaporish.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Gene Wirchenko

Its going to be the best open source tool of 2012 (hopefully!)

Frobernik

Introducing Dot Net Matters Jason Ferguson ASP .Net 0 11-20-2005 08:31 PM
Introducing: MCNGP #45 FrisbeeŽ MCSE 59 08-02-2005 07:39 PM
Introducing wireless network =?Utf-8?B?YzEyODc=?= Wireless Networking 3 02-25-2005 09:55 PM
ANN: Introducing MANIK - a 32 bit Soft-Core RISC Processor Sandeep Dutta VHDL 16 12-14-2004 06:23 PM
Introducing CookSwing: XML to GUI toolkit asdf Java 0 08-18-2004 11:56 AM

Advertisments