Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > JSONRequest is not defined?

JSONRequest is not defined?

SpreadTooThin

Is there something I need to do to the JSONRequest to be 'included'?
Is this not some thing that is built into the browser?

function getJSONfromUrl(sourceurl)
{
try {
JSONRequest.get(sourceurl, function(sn, response, exception){
alert(exception || response);
});
}
catch(e) {
alert(e);
}
}

Scott Sauyet

SpreadTooThin wrote:
> Is there something I need to do to the JSONRequest to be 'included'?

Check with where you copied your code. I believe there are several
implementations, but I don't know the status on underlying browser
support.

> Is this not some thing that is built into the browser?

No, it's not. It's a proposal created by the person who named and
first promoted JSON, Douglas Crockford. You can find more at json.org

-- Scott