Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > multi browser forms issue

Reply
Thread Tools

multi browser forms issue

 
 
Eric Bednarz
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-09-2011
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> Eric Bednarz wrote:
>
>> David Mark <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>>> Eric Bednarz wrote:
>>>>>> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
>>>>>
>>>>> That's not right for HTML5.
>>>>
>>>> There seem to be quite some things eluding you, too…
>>>
>>> Wrong. Once again, I am pointing out how silly it is to transplant an
>>> HTML5 doctype onto a document that is clearly not HTML5.

>>
>> By making bullshit statements? Oh well. I guess you win

>
> There are two ways to approach this problem.


Possibly. For me, however, there is but one. I comment exactly on what I
quote and call shenanigans when appropriate.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-10-2011
Eric Bednarz wrote:

> Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>> Eric Bednarz wrote:
>>> David Mark <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>>>> Eric Bednarz wrote:
>>>>>>> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
>>>>>> That's not right for HTML5.
>>>>> There seem to be quite some things eluding you, too…
>>>> Wrong. Once again, I am pointing out how silly it is to transplant an
>>>> HTML5 doctype onto a document that is clearly not HTML5.
>>> By making bullshit statements? Oh well. I guess you win

>> There are two ways to approach this problem.

>
> Possibly. For me, however, there is but one. I comment exactly on what I
> quote and call shenanigans when appropriate.


Ignoring the context of a statement and then attacking the person making the
statement (instead of the statement) on those grounds constitutes a number
of common fallacies.

HTML5 was declared (with what is known as "doctype" per the current HTML5
Working Draft), but was evidently not used in the rest of the document.
Calling a statement that points this out a "bullshit statement" is
inappropriate by any reasonable measure.


PointedEars
--
When all you know is jQuery, every problem looks $olvable.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Eric Bednarz
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-11-2011
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> Eric Bednarz wrote:
>
>> Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>>> Eric Bednarz wrote:
>>>> David Mark <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>>>>> Eric Bednarz wrote:
>>>>>>>> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
>>>>>>> That's not right for HTML5.
>>>>>> There seem to be quite some things eluding you, too…
>>>>> Wrong. Once again, I am pointing out how silly it is to transplant an
>>>>> HTML5 doctype onto a document that is clearly not HTML5.
>>>> By making bullshit statements? Oh well. I guess you win
>>> There are two ways to approach this problem.

>>
>> Possibly. For me, however, there is but one. I comment exactly on what I
>> quote and call shenanigans when appropriate.

>
> Ignoring the context


Look who’s talking.

> of a statement and then attacking the person making the
> statement (instead of the statement) on those grounds constitutes a number
> of common fallacies.


I agree. So why do you do that?
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
forms authentication -- expired forms cookie vs. not provided forms cookie Eric ASP .Net Security 2 01-27-2006 10:09 PM
disable multi-firing event on multi-clicking link John Grandy ASP .Net 0 09-13-2005 01:01 AM
Using multi-media from multi-source Tung Las Ying Computer Support 0 11-12-2004 02:51 PM
Multi-vrf to Multi-vrf keithb Cisco 1 05-10-2004 04:32 PM
Tradeoffs between multi and non-multi associative containers Dave C++ 3 04-19-2004 07:48 PM



Advertisments