Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Larger font size in the compose window?

Larger font size in the compose window?

Swifty

Is it possible to increase the font in the compose window
(reply/post/email) independently of other windows?

I can read accurately enough at 8 point, and that gets a large amount
in each window. But when it's *me* doing the typing, I prefer a larger
font, to aid my noticing errors.

In my previous post, I hadn't noticed that I'd spelled "ellipses" as
"eliipses" until the spelling checker alerted me. Not all of my
spelling mistakes are so benign.

--
Steve Swift
http://www.swiftys.org.uk/swifty.html

Swifty

Wrong group, obviously.

--
Steve Swift
http://www.swiftys.org.uk/swifty.html
http://www.ringers.org.uk

Dr J R Stockton

In comp.lang.javascript message <u1v5a7hl0hv80vvf3j4fb2s9dn3dhjig5i@4ax.
com>, Sat, 22 Oct 2011 18:28:37, Swifty <(E-Mail Removed)>
posted:

>Is it possible to increase the font in the compose window
>(reply/post/email) independently of other windows?

That depends on what software you are using.

But you can always, I presume, compose in another program and
copy'n'paste the completed work into that compose window for launching.

If you do that in a textarea (or otherwise) of a local HTML page of your
own construction, you have the full gamut of CSS & JavaScript to adjust
what you see.

And consider <http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/js-demos.htm#WHEd>.

Note: on-topic answer.

--