Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Setting a default bookmark for a page

Setting a default bookmark for a page

Tom

I have an ASP.NET page called Login; however, I would like it to have a
different 'default' name when someone attempts to bookmark the page. I.E.
When they bring up my page and then try to add a bookmark to it, I want the
bookmark to show up as (for example) 'My Super Duper Logon Page' rather than
just 'Login'.

Is there an attribute or something that I can set that will do this? Thanks.

Tom

Philip Q [MVP]

I believe that IE just grabs this from the HTML <title> attribute.

--
Philip Q
Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]

news:OY3hHLL%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have an ASP.NET page called Login; however, I would like it to have a
> different 'default' name when someone attempts to bookmark the page. I.E.
> When they bring up my page and then try to add a bookmark to it, I want
> the
> bookmark to show up as (for example) 'My Super Duper Logon Page' rather
> than
> just 'Login'.
>
> Is there an attribute or something that I can set that will do this?
> Thanks.
>
> Tom

Tom

Philip: Thanks, that did the trick!

news:OpyVvfL%(E-Mail Removed)...

Unable to bookmark page piedro Firefox 2 01-31-2005 10:51 AM
Change Default Bookmark Direcotry Kevin Cornwell Firefox 2 12-05-2004 09:36 PM
tomcat 4.x : setting mime type for a directory or setting a default mime type CJ Java 1 10-29-2004 07:51 PM
Saving page with bookmark Tony Raven Firefox 0 07-25-2004 08:11 AM
Navigating to a bookmark on page? John Carnahan ASP .Net 3 11-13-2003 06:05 PM

Advertisments