Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How to create a word document from a HTML page

How to create a word document from a HTML page

Mohan Kumar via DotNetMonster.com

I have a sequence of asp forms to take data from the user from which I have to create a word doc in a predefined format with the data inputted inserted appropraitely.
How can I do this?

JohnFol

What do you do with the Word Documents and where are the responses stored.
Id suggest you just save the responses to a db and do a MailMerge from word.

"Mohan Kumar via DotNetMonster.com" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:5021e6ffb902493b907018d35029dad1@DotNetMonste r.com...
>I have a sequence of asp forms to take data from the user from which I have
>to create a word doc in a predefined format with the data inputted inserted
>appropraitely.
> How can I do this?

Tom Kaminski [MVP]

"Mohan Kumar via DotNetMonster.com" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:5021e6ffb902493b907018d35029dad1@DotNetMonste r.com...
> I have a sequence of asp forms to take data from the user from which I

have to create a word doc in a predefined format with the data inputted
inserted appropraitely.
> How can I do this?

Output the info formatted as HTML and use Response.ContentType =
"application/msword" to trick the browser into thinking the output is a Word
doc.

Similar technique used for Excel:

Similar technique used for Word and RTF: