Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Q: number of parameters in stored procedure

Q: number of parameters in stored procedure

=?Utf-8?B?SklNLkgu?=

Hello,
I am using a stored procedure with 28 input parameter to insert to a SQL
table. It gives too many argument error when I compile my asp.net
application.

My asp.net application accepts data entry about employees and tries to
import is into a table by calling a stored procedure. If there is a
restriction in number of parameters, what else could I use to get data from
user and import into a table?
Thanks,
Jim.

Curt_C [MVP]

You have a typo most likely.
28 params on the function, 27 in the SPROC, etc etc...

--
Curt Christianson
Site & Scripts: http://www.Darkfalz.com

"JIM.H." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
> I am using a stored procedure with 28 input parameter to insert to a SQL
> table. It gives too many argument error when I compile my asp.net
> application.
>
> My asp.net application accepts data entry about employees and tries to
> import is into a table by calling a stored procedure. If there is a
> restriction in number of parameters, what else could I use to get data
> from
> user and import into a table?
> Thanks,
> Jim.

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Curt is right, you've probably miscounted.

I discovered the hard way that the DataAdapter has a limit of 99 parameters.

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP