Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Opening modal window and getting return value in C#

Opening modal window and getting return value in C#

WLF

I have the following function (C# behind aspx page):

private void ButtonNewSupplier_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs
e)
{
Response.Write("<script language=javascript>window.showModalDialog('"
+ Const.sPPAddSupplier +
"','_blank','left=50,top=50,toolbar=false,status=y es,directories=false,menubar=false,scrollbars=true ,copyhistory=false,width=500,height=500');</script>");

}

which works OK, but I want to do some processing (refreshing Drop Down
from databse to reflect new supplier) on the main form AFTER the modal
window has been closed . Since showModalDialog has a return value I
figure I could wait for that... however I don't know how to access the
return value. Furthermore I could test the return value and if it was
true(supplier succesfully added) I would do the refresh, and if false
do nothing.

I am open to using a normal (modeless) window, however since that
would not have a return value I'm not sure how I'd approach the
problem.

Any help appreciated.

wadefleming@yahoo.com

So does no one know, or have I put this in the wrong newsgroup, or is
it a stupid question?