Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox and popups

Firefox and popups

sport0boy@netscape.net

I've been using Firefox for 6 months now and I am very happy. This is
the only site I have ever been to where the popup blocker always fails.
The ad window slips through every time. Anyone know why?
http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/fantasy/story

Gunther

In article <pj55d.3288$(E-Mail Removed)09.us.to.verio .net>,
> I've been using Firefox for 6 months now and I am very happy. This is
> the only site I have ever been to where the popup blocker always fails.
> The ad window slips through every time. Anyone know why?
> http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/fantasy/story

WFM, using Firefox 1.0PR/0911

Hawkeye

Worked ok here, no popup. There are different types of popups- try
this site to test your blocker with the various types:
http://www.popuptest.com/

Jim Blue

Hawkeye wrote:
> Worked ok here, no popup. There are different types of popups- try
> this site to test your blocker with the various types:
> http://www.popuptest.com/

On my machine Firefox 1.0PR blocked all but Dropdown and Sticky,
and let the "good" popups through.

Richard Davis

Hawkeye wrote:
> Worked ok here, no popup. There are different types of popups- try
> this site to test your blocker with the various types:
> http://www.popuptest.com/

Moz 1.7 passes the popup tests, but somehow this annoying little bugger
keeps getting through: http://www.dabs.com

Richard

.brian.

On 9/24/2004 11:09 PM (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I've been using Firefox for 6 months now and I am very happy. This is
> the only site I have ever been to where the popup blocker always fails.
> The ad window slips through every time. Anyone know why?
> http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/fantasy/story

I've been getting a few pop-ups every now and then. I use AdBlock with
wildcards to block them though. I just came across a new one when I
used www.dictionary.com -- I blocked with AdBlock by adding:

http://*.fastclick.net/pu.js

I guess adding http://*/pu.js might be better.

--
Brian

Email Info -
http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm

Popups not working, even if Popups are allowed in IE Moe Sisko ASP .Net 1 08-04-2008 03:33 PM
Firefox stops blocking popups ttfg Firefox 3 03-16-2005 01:18 AM
Firefox 1.0 popups SCraig Firefox 3 01-27-2005 05:56 PM
Being pestered by popups / word lastig gevallen door popups. Martijn Computer Support 21 11-03-2004 06:45 PM
Popups in Firefox Michael Sullivan Firefox 7 08-08-2004 09:19 PM

Advertisments