Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > [jQuery] animate function doesn't work with colors and anchors

[jQuery] animate function doesn't work with colors and anchors

Czterysta Czwarty

Hi!

I have problem with animate background color in navigate anchors:
$(this).animate({ backgroundColor: "black" }, 1000);
with size (like width) works correct.

Why I should to do to fade backgdround color?

Andreas Bergmaier

Am 07.02.2011 14:09 A.D., schrieb Czterysta Czwarty:
> Hi!
>
> I have problem with animate background color in navigate anchors:
> $(this).animate({ backgroundColor: "black" }, 1000);
> with size (like width) works correct.

http://api.jquery.com/animate/ says:
All animated properties should be animated to a single numeric value,
except as noted below; most properties that are non-numeric cannot be
animated using basic jQuery functionality. (For example, width, height,
or left can be animated but background-color cannot be.) Property values
are treated as a number of pixels unless otherwise specified. The units
em and % can be specified where applicable.

> Why I should to do to fade backgdround color?

http://jqueryui.com/demos/animate/ provides a interface for that.

Bergi