Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: WYSIWYG HTML editor

Re: WYSIWYG HTML editor

richard

On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 11:43:07 +0100, Alfred Molon wrote:

> Can you recommend a WYSIWYG HTML editor, capable of creating HTML 4.01
> strict code without errors? I've spent the past hour trying a number of
> editors (Kompozer, NVU, BlueGriffon, HTML Studio etc.) and they either
> generate transitional code or buggy strict code, such as this one for
> instance:
>
> <ul>
> <li>dadad</li>
> <ul>
> <li>dasd</li>
> </ul>
> </ul>
>
> I'm now downloading the trial version of the Namo editor, let's see...

I use notepad++ now.
http://notepad-plus-plus.org/
As an html editor it has a lot of editing features.
It will pair up tags and show you if one is missing.
Color highlighting for various elements.

But running your code through a validator would easily find that unmatched
tag as you show.

Mike S

On 3/24/2012 11:28 AM, richard wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 11:43:07 +0100, Alfred Molon wrote:
>
>> Can you recommend a WYSIWYG HTML editor, capable of creating HTML 4.01
>> strict code without errors? I've spent the past hour trying a number of
>> editors (Kompozer, NVU, BlueGriffon, HTML Studio etc.) and they either
>> generate transitional code or buggy strict code, such as this one for
>> instance:
>>
>> <ul>
>> <li>dadad</li>
>> <ul>
>> <li>dasd</li>
>> </ul>
>> </ul>
>>
>> I'm now downloading the trial version of the Namo editor, let's see...

> I use notepad++ now.
> http://notepad-plus-plus.org/
> As an html editor it has a lot of editing features.
> It will pair up tags and show you if one is missing.
> Color highlighting for various elements.
>
> But running your code through a validator would easily find that unmatched
> tag as you show.

I like the freeware HTML-KIT v292.